Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 189 times)

Offline fjszuch

Introduction
« on: June 04, 2018, 08:42:17 AM »
Hi, my name is Frank-

I’m hoping someone on the forum will be able to help me.  I have a family member who owns a 2010 Subaru Forester, and is moving from Chicago to North Platte, NE.  This Forester has always been serviced by the dealer from whom it was purchased.  This includes oil/filter change every 3000 miles, tires and tire rotation, batteries, brakes, all major, and minor maintenance items, etc.  So, as you can tell, no one but the dealer has ever serviced this vehicle.  While planning this move to North Platte, we were surprised to see the nearest Subaru dealer is 3 to 3 and-a-half hours in either direction.  Do you have any suggestions as to where to get it serviced.  Traveling 3 hours for an oil change, and/or routine maintenance, seems a little excessive, to say the least.
Basically, what I'm looking for are my options for Subaru service in North Platte, or within a reasonable distance nearby, that you can suggest, to get Subaru (dealer) quality service?   Where do Subaru owners in North Platte go for Subaru service?  We are very fortunate here in the Chicago area as we have multiple Subaru dealers that are usually within 15 – 20 minutes away.

Thank you for any advice you can give!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:18:11 PM by fjszuch »

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:34:47 PM »
It's unfortunate, but common to see large rural areas devoid of the kinds of services someplace like Chicago would offer.  Technically, any ASE Certified Technician can perform warranty work on Subarus, and doing basic things like oil changes, tire rotations, etc is pretty easy to get done just about anywhere.  Subaru-specific stuff, I don't know of any.  But I do know that I've had work done at T.O. Haas before and there is a shop in North Platte that should be able to get what you need done.

Offline fjszuch

Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »
Thanks for the info, Reverend.