Author Topic: What class am I in? (Solo/AutoX edition)  (Read 17008 times)

Offline OBP WRX

• bought it for the burble
Re: What class am I in? (Solo/AutoX edition)
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2013, 05:35:32 PM »
Was seriously out gunned in RTP/ESP.  Now a Blouch evo 3 16g is going to make me even less competive in RTP/SM but it should be a blast the other 357 days of the year :)
Jerome

'05 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »
Ok. I think I missed your question in there.  If you want to get faster in solo, save money from your next mods and spend them on the driver by attending an autocross school.  No mods will make you as fast as the driver mod.

Offline OBP WRX

• bought it for the burble
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
Just verifying a different turbo bumps me to SM.  I will keep an eye out for chances at some instruction.
Jerome

'05 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:35 AM »
Oh... that was a question. ;)

Yes, you can't run ESP anymore.. SM is the next best choice for you, assuming your car is legal for that class otherwise.

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2017, 01:00:26 PM »
I'm not sure if there have been significant changes to the classes since this thread was created, but there are a TON of classes in Autocross... especially from someone who has been used to Rallycross classes for the last 4 years.  I imagine with much more involvement and competition, having multiple classes would make sense for Autocross but for someone starting out, it's a bit overwhelming.

The same could be said for either, but if you've been casually modifying your car and then decide to start doing Autocross or Rallycross, you can easily figure out that one or two of your modifications put you in a much higher class than maybe you should be in.  I think this makes it a little harder for people to get into competitive driving when they realize that they either need to add more or revert back to stock just to fit into a class and stand a chance.