Author Topic: Olsen's parts dept.  (Read 4519 times)

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
Olsen's parts dept.
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »
FYI guys..... According to the old guy at the parts dept, subarus do not have exhaust manifolds. I went to Beardmore  and they had my "exhaust manifold" gaskets ready to go.   Just reminded me why I dont go to Olsen's for anything. The guy was super rude also. 

Offline TruRu

• Elite Member
  • 2008 WRX - VF52 and supporting mods
Re: Olsen's parts dept.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
That's why I drive all the way to Beardmore for the important things..and I live super close to Olsen's so it's a huge inconvenience to do so.  They can't even get a simple vacuum hose ordered correctly for me.

Offline WRXNFX

• Elite Member
    • My WRX journal
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »
FYI guys..... According to the old guy at the parts dept, subarus do not have exhaust manifolds. I went to Beardmore  and they had my "exhaust manifold" gaskets ready to go.   Just reminded me why I dont go to Olsen's for anything. The guy was super rude also. 

The exhaust gets to the turbo through magic!!   :o
Jeff

04 PSM pro tuned STi

Making Nebraska faster, one car at a time.

Offline joeleodee

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:30:28 PM »
One time when I went there, they told me that i was mistaken and my car was an '04 Legacy, and not an '05.  They tried to sell me the wrong part and did not want to retrieve the correct part.   I even showed them how their schematic was from an '04 Legacy and that mine did not match that schematic.  They kept telling me I was wrong.  In order for them to believe me, I had to run out to my car and collect the VIN to prove that they were wrong and get me the part I needed.   ::)

Offline WRXNFX

• Elite Member
    • My WRX journal
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
One time when I went there, they told me that i was mistaken and my car was an '04 Legacy, and not an '05.  They tried to sell me the wrong part and did not want to retrieve the correct part.   I even showed them how their schematic was from an '04 Legacy and that mine did not match that schematic.  They kept telling me I was wrong.  In order for them to believe me, I had to run out to my car and collect the VIN to prove that they were wrong and get me the part I needed.   ::)

That is how that is done right there..  :-\
Jeff

04 PSM pro tuned STi

Offline arau

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:37:37 PM »
the owner of my car before me had olsens do a tune up on it....well since there parts department is stupid they ended up putting 2.0 liter plugs and wires on instead of the right 2.5 plugs and wires....and they woundered why it kept misfiring...hmmm lol  ::)  Then when i bought the car and saw it kept doing that and took it to the SUBARU GODS "Beardmore Subaru" lol they fell on the ground laughing that olsens put the wrong plugs and wires in.
1998 GW   Legacy GT LTD. -SOLD
2003 WRB Impreza WRX W/STI mods.
1999 RBP  Impreza 2.5 RS-SOLD
2000 SM   Impreza 2.5 RS-JDM EJ20K-SOLD
1997 GW  Impreza OBS
1996 GW   Legacy GT Wagon

Offline PhamilySedan

• Elite Member
    • http://www.nebraska-subaru.com
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:40:39 PM »
I hate going to stan olsens parts department.  I try and avoid the heavier set guy.  He tried telling me that subaru never made a two door.  I told him there was one sitting outside and i've owned more than one. LOL

The skinnier guy with the thick glasses is the one I usually talk to if I have to go to the parts dept

"Yet another reason I wish I was rich. I would own Crawfords LGT, Block's Gumball, and david's RSTi..."
-Random dude on SoCal Subie

Offline Chris H.

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »
I stopped in there to order a vacuum hose with restrictor pill on the way back from Russ' place... big mistake. I had to go back behind the counter and do it for him. "Click on engine bay, click on turbo (what? turbo?) yes click that right there."

Offline PhamilySedan

• Elite Member
    • http://www.nebraska-subaru.com
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »
Did you have to help the bigger dude?  He's worked there for FOREVER and i'm suprised he doesnt know what is what.  Maybe he's just lazy

"Yet another reason I wish I was rich. I would own Crawfords LGT, Block's Gumball, and david's RSTi..."
-Random dude on SoCal Subie

Offline TruRu

• Elite Member
  • 2008 WRX - VF52 and supporting mods
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
I stopped in there to order a vacuum hose with restrictor pill on the way back from Russ' place... big mistake. I had to go back behind the counter and do it for him. "Click on engine bay, click on turbo (what? turbo?) yes click that right there."

That's exactly what I did a couple weeks ago...they ordered the wrong thing..Russ said he'd get the right one ordered  ;D

The nicer guy David is talking about is Leroy (I think).  The bigger guy is usually rude to me and makes me feel like I'm wasting his time.  

EDIT:  David, I know you weren't talking to me, but the bigger guys said "I don't know what that is." in the rudest way when I asked for the boost restrictor pill.

Offline Chris H.

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »

That's exactly what I did a couple weeks ago...they ordered the wrong thing..Russ said he'd get the right one ordered  ;D

The nicer guy David is talking about is Leroy (I think).  The bigger guy is usually rude to me and makes me feel like I'm wasting his time.  

EDIT:  David, I know you weren't talking to me, but the bigger guys said "I don't know what that is." in the rudest way when I asked for the boost restrictor pill.

Same guy treated me the same way.

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
Did you have to help the bigger dude?  He's worked there for FOREVER and i'm suprised he doesnt know what is what.  Maybe he's just lazy

No, I had the older guy, but the fat dude was sitting next to him helping someone else.  I've dealt with Ton's of Fun before and hes just as rude as the old guy.    It was just weird because everytime I go to Beardmore Matt, and Mike go out of their way to say hi and shoot the bull...and actually act like they like helping you.  Anytime I have gone to Olsen for anything (service, parts, and sales) they have treated me very rude and act like im an inconvienance.    

Thanks again Matt for finding the mystical exhaust machine gaskets for me, lol.

Oh, and btw gruppe-s UEL header rocks ;D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:09:29 PM by TeknoCop »

Offline Chris H.

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Did you have to help the bigger dude?  He's worked there for FOREVER and i'm suprised he doesnt know what is what.  Maybe he's just lazy

No, I had the older guy, but the fat dude was sitting next to him helping someone else.  I've dealt with Ton's of Fun before and hes just as rude as the old guy.    It was just weird because everytime I go to Beardmore Matt, and Mike go out of their way to say hi and shoot the bull...and actually act like they like helping you.  Anytime I have gone to Olsen for anything (service, parts, and sales) they have treated me very rude and act like im an inconvienance.    

Thanks again Matt for finding the mystical exhaust machine gaskets for me, lol.

Oh, and btw gruppe-s UEL header rocks ;D

What is ur exhaust set up then?

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »
PnP Turbo, Invidia V3 Catless DP, Gruppe-S Ceramic Coated UEL Header, Magnaflow V2 CBE.

She sounds almost angry now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:27:31 PM by TeknoCop »

Offline Chris H.

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »
PnP Turbo, Invidia V3 Catless DP, Gruppe-S Ceramic Coated UEL Header, Magnaflow V2 CBE.

Whats the difference between the version 2 and 3 dp?

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 12:30:21 AM »

Whats the difference between the version 2 and 3 dp?

The V2 is a bellmouth design, the V3 has the divorced wastegate...apparently you are less likely to see boost creep with a divorced wastegate.    

Offline omahawrx

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »
I think someone should get this to the manager at Olsen's part department, or the manager of whole place.  Sounds like they have some real serious issues, like Kevin in the sack.

D

Offline Chris H.

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »
I think someone should get this to the manager at Olsen's part department, or the manager of whole place.  Sounds like they have some real serious issues, like Kevin in the sack.

D

I have a feeling the management is part of the problem. Every experience I've had there has been negative. I went to look at a car and they treated me like a ##### . I don't know how they sell any cars.

Offline lulzadr

• facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »

D

I have a feeling the management is part of the problem. Every experience I've had there has been negative. I went to look at a car and they treated me like a ##### . I don't know how they sell any cars.

Same deal with me pretty much. Was looking at cars, walked around for a bit. Saw a few employees; I know they saw me as well. Didn't even acknowledge my existence. Sure I'm a youngin' but **** how would they know I didn't have 25k in my pocket ready to buy a new wrx or something?
Ended up walking inside of their office thing and still couldn't get any one to even say hi or anything! I left, took my business else where.

Parts dept is just as bad. Guy didn't know what a bell mouth was.  :unsure:
Had to explain it and it took him a good five minutes to look up the damn part number for the gasket I needed. Over all it was ridiculous. Never going there again unless it's an emergency.
'05 WRB WRX - 2.5L Hybrid
RIP: Stage Two '04 WRB WRX...

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 06:59:17 AM »
He's been there for over a decade and I'm sure others have complained. I just don't think the powers that be @ Stan Olsen gives a hoot really.

Offline STIckySTIfee

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 07:31:27 AM »
yea stan olson is a joke.  I had a steering problem with my car, i took it for a test drive with them to show the problem and he said he didnt know what i was talking about, and that he would have to have a tech ride along with me to see the problem, but that would cost me 90$ flat out just to see what the problem was, not fix it or anything like that, just diagnose the problem

Then l went in there a seperate time and the guy tried telling me that i shouldnt order 6 oil filters and 6 crush gaskets all at once because they wont be "fresh" when it comes time to use them.

i dont go there anymore, ***** rediculous.

Oh, and when my rear struts were replaced under warrenty, i got my car back hard water spotted.  It looked like it had been parked next to a sprinkler for a day and baked in the sun.

mucho not happy
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:43:55 AM by omahasubaru »

Offline WRXNFX

• Elite Member
    • My WRX journal
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
I need something and they are close.

We will see how big of a mess they can make out of a jug of coolant.. :)
Jeff

04 PSM pro tuned STi

Offline Chris C

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
I know at least when I was going there John does get on the forum from time to time so they’ll probably see this thread.  If everyone is so pissed off about the service then complain.  Complaining on the forum can't possibly fix a problem unless you bring it to the attention of the right people.   ;)  If the problem still exists afterwards at least you tired.   :unsure:

At least for me they were convent and most all of the time did me right giving me 10-20% off on things along with even a few free parts.  I know Ayoub has received the same kind of treatment. 

Offline WRXNFX

• Elite Member
    • My WRX journal
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 04:00:42 PM »
I know at least when I was going there John does get on the forum from time to time so they’ll probably see this thread.  If everyone is so pissed off about the service then complain.  Complaining on the forum can't possibly fix a problem unless you bring it to the attention of the right people.   ;)  If the problem still exists afterwards at least you tired.   :unsure:

At least for me they were convent and most all of the time did me right giving me 10-20% off on things along with even a few free parts.  I know Ayoub has received the same kind of treatment.  

My Dad is a vote with your feet kinda guy.

He always says "complaining is the best thing you can do for them" meaning, if you want to help them, complain.

If you have tried them a couple times, even complained, and nothing changes, shop somewhere else.

I think a tread like this is OK as long as it doesn't get al "John Doe is a liar" type of stuff..  :?
Jeff

04 PSM pro tuned STi

Offline corx

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
He's been there for over a decade and I'm sure others have complained. I just don't think the powers that be @ Stan Olsen gives a hoot really.

Good thing you said it because I did't want to waste the breath
-chris van middelkoop-
10 nbp gh6 Impreza
67 Dark Blue Street Beetle
"your impreza is evolving!...
congratulations, your impreza just evolved into an old worn out sti!"