Author Topic: GrimmSpeed Crank Pulley - Product Release  (Read 1328 times)

Offline GrimmSpeed

GrimmSpeed Crank Pulley - Product Release
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=91&products_id=230

Fits all Imprezas 93-11, Legacy 1994-2009, Forester 1998-2009

Decreases rotational mass more than 3.5lbs over OEM (You will see much faster revs as a result)

Optimum weight to avoid misfire CELs or hesitation

Balanced CNC machined 6061 T6 anodized Aluminum

Includes OEM timing marks for timing verification

2008+ OEM Subaru Stretch Belt Install Kit Option (No other company offers this Optional Add-On)

The OEM Subaru crank pulley has been a cause for concern ever since its original design. It is extremely heavy, susceptible to catastrophic failure, and quite unsightly. Continuing to use this on our cars just wouldn't do. Eliminating rotational mass while maintaining a safe presence can increase reliability and bring faster Rev's! For our Lightweight Crank Pulley we pulled out all of the stops. CNC machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum our pulley makes no compromise. It weighs in at 3.5lbs lighter than OEM while at the same time increasing its durability. Marked with a timing mark and perfect cut keyway makes this install a breeze. We designed the pulley with the optimum weight for performance while avoiding misfire CEL's and engine hesitation.

Here at GrimmSpeed innovation is our standard with every product we release and our pulley is no exception. We have designed the only aftermarket pulley installation and removal tool that works with each style of OEM Subaru pulley as well as our aftermarket lightweight pulley. To take it one step further we have also designed the only compatible aftermarket stretch belt installation kit for all 2008+ Subaru Models.

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=91&products_id=230

Justin Grimm

UPDATE 5/12/2011 -  Just finished the Installation Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4w3tJGozCM
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:30:31 AM by GrimmSpeed »

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
Re: GrimmSpeed Crank Pulley - Product Release
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:51:23 PM »
do you offer any exchange programs? :D  I'd like to 'change out' my current lightened pulley for this gorgeous GrimmSpeed one. I <3 your products! :D

Offline GrimmSpeed

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:44:16 PM »
do you offer any exchange programs? :D  I'd like to 'change out' my current lightened pulley for this gorgeous GrimmSpeed one. I <3 your products! :D

Haha, sorry, no exchange program in place for other companies products. I like the idea though :)

Thank you for the kind words!!

Justin Grimm

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
GS makes great products! Not buying any time soon, but do want! I checked the site and the options are pre-08 and 08+ Imprezas. What about the 05-09 (and specifically the 08 LGT)? Should we choose the 08+ Impreza and the necessary options?
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline GrimmSpeed

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »
GS makes great products! Not buying any time soon, but do want! I checked the site and the options are pre-08 and 08+ Imprezas. What about the 05-09 (and specifically the 08 LGT)? Should we choose the 08+ Impreza and the necessary options?

Thank you for the kind words bspec! Which option are you specifically talking about? The only option that has you choose between the newer and older imprezas is the OEM A/C belt. Is your question which A/C belt to choose for the 08 LGT?

Justin Grimm

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
All crank pulleys are the same on every EJ series and EG series engines from Subaru to date.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
That'll teach me to post on NSOC after an evening at J-Birds. Thanks for the responses.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline GrimmSpeed

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
Just finished the Installation Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4w3tJGozCM