Author Topic: My experiences with the Beardmore Service Dept.  (Read 8572 times)

Offline kevinmfb

• Elite Member
  • 09 OBP WRX Hatch
Re: My experiences with the Beardmore Service Dept.
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »
I prefer new vehicles too.  Same points; I know what has been done to it throughout it's life.

Offline RedOxRu

• Moderators
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
Glad you're back in the proper car. Sucks how it had to go down...

Offline corx

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:48 PM »
Kevin I'm glad to hear you finally got your car back and it seems to be in good working order.

I will say this about warranties and mods, etc.  Subaru wouldn't be the first manufacturer to deny warranties.  Back when I had my EVO there were Mitsubishi dealers that would seek out EVOs at AutoXs and track days and write down their plates and VINs so they could void their warranties nationwide.

i thought that these cars are sold to be used on the track or autox on occasion. like the brz for example i have read that they made the space in the rear trunk area to fit a full set of race tires for the purpose to drive to the track and swap your wheels/tires out to none street legal tires, race, swap back and drive home. i am sure there are adds for sti's and evo's like these... so these shouldn't void a warrenty... the 02 wrx was sold with a 1 year membership with the scca...
-chris van middelkoop-
10 nbp gh6 Impreza
67 Dark Blue Street Beetle
"your impreza is evolving!...
congratulations, your impreza just evolved into an old worn out sti!"

Offline corx

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »
kevin didn't you bring your car in before for a weird noise that happend on the interstate in third? couldn't there have been a problem that a tech couldn't find and the resulting damage create your issue with the snap ring whatever... also how can an engineer check the machined tolerances of the parts through a picture he saw on the internet. i know that there are no such listed specs in any service information available to a technician. and the regional engineer didn't even look at it. that seems out of protocal... this whole situation is stupid. i would have fought for you kevin. that is all. i really hate that trans in general.
-chris van middelkoop-
10 nbp gh6 Impreza
67 Dark Blue Street Beetle
"your impreza is evolving!...
congratulations, your impreza just evolved into an old worn out sti!"

Offline Jimmijackson

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
nice stuff and thank u so much for the information.

Offline amfj231

• Sponsors
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
This whole thread has been printed off and I will be having a conversation with the GM and Jason (new service manager) in our manager's meeting first thing in the morning. I am sorry we have had to have these situations.
2011 Subaru Legacy GT Limited : Satin White Pearl
-Mike-

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
Finally got to the route of my dead boost guage.  Went through all the wiring today.  When I got into my car when I got it back from the job done the trim piece around the shifter had been out, so I first looked there.  Vampire clip for power still intact and perfect, I reclipped it anyways for good measure.  Next, fuse wire...new fuses...check.  Then Ground.....oh the ground.  Well, I guess if I were a tech and disconnected the battery to do a major operation on a car, then put stuff back together and a boost guage didnt work anymore I would probably hook the ground wire up to the POWER side of the battery too.  FING IDIOT!!!!  The wire that I ran was BLACK....BLACK=GROUND!!! 

Soooo, instead of really trying to find out the stupid mistake that the tech had done, he (or she) originally just completely disconnected my boost guage.  They reconnected the air supply so it bypassed the guage and left my guage dead in the pod of no juice or air.  Glad I could find the issue and now my guage is alive again.  Another reason they will not get my service unless I absolutely have NO other options.

On a side note, the parts guys there are solid individuals.  I definitely like doing business with them.  They have never let me down.  They have even worked with me on prices of stuff before.  So, my negative review is totally biased towards major service at this dealership.   

Offline kevinmfb

• Elite Member
  • 09 OBP WRX Hatch
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
This whole thread has been printed off and I will be having a conversation with the GM and Jason (new service manager) in our manager's meeting first thing in the morning. I am sorry we have had to have these situations.
HA!!!  I definitely don't wanna take my car there now.
I'm sure I'm on the most hated list ;)

Offline omahawrx

• Elite Member
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »
I didn't realize the new service manager was the one who forgot to mention there was a tiny drop of oil on the dipstick before sending me home.....

I figure I'd post my story here also since this is about Beardmore service

I posted about my clutch pedal issue in the "powertrain" section and had dropped it off at Beardmore this morning.  I picked it up tonight & he (Jason) said himself & two others didn't notice anything at all.  He said everything checks out great other than there is a slow drip from the drain plug, he asked if I had changed the gasket & I said no so he said "I'd change that next time, filter looks fine".  I get home, start to look over the paperwork & see "no oil on dipstick".  I check the dipstick and he's right, there is a tiny bit of oil on the end of the stick.  Now I take 100% responsibility for this but do you not think a service department who just did a multi point inspection would say "oh, Jesus, by the way, before you drive it all the way home do you want us to add some friggin oil?"  I called right away & he said "you're right, that's my fault, I forgot to mention that".  I'm so confused, wouldn't a service department normally call to advise of such a huge issue?  So disappointed right now, might be driving all the way to Lincoln now each time I need service done.

Again, I'm at a complete loss as to why a Subaru service department manager would not call a customer & say "we just checked your oil & you have little to no oil in the car, would you like us to add some oil & we will charge you for it?" What the **** is the point of a "multi point" inspection if you're not going to do anything about what you find? 

Offline milesej05

• Currently: Subieless :(
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »
What the **** is the point of a "multi point" inspection if you're not going to do anything about what you find?

Quoted for truth

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
And of coarse if you would have jacked your motor on the way home no liability would be on their part...so it would have been "you ran your car out of oil, so now YOU have to pay for a new engine".  Just like my issues.  The first one they had me pay for two different sensors before they even checked the different parts of my car that they were working on before it had the new issues.  Then on the foz the tech broke stuff and they tried to make me pay for it.  Seems to be a theme here.  Lack of quality work, and no accountability.

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »
After posting I was debating that this should be moved in my head  ;D

Offline commbubba19

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Well my purchase experience at beardmore wasn't the best, my experience with the service department hasn't been as bad.

I did take it in for having problems down shifting from 5th to 4th.  Jason went for a ride with me and experienced the issue, but had a hard time duplicating and they couldn't find the issue.  I also didn't necessarily think it was enough of a reason to drop the tranny.

I did swap to Extra -S i bought from beardmore (kept receipt for proof just in case) and that helped.  They did forget to put the washer over the shifter bushing which annoyed me but everyone makes mistakes.  Proves the point to just check things over when you get your car back.  I didn't even bring it up to beardmore, i just went and got a washer and fixed it myself.

Another time I was hosing off the car with a pressure washer and the front tow hook cover piece started to have the paint peel off.  I brought it into beardmore not even complaining just wondering if they could do anything to repaint it.  They took care of it no problem. 

I did just drop it off Monday for grinding into 5th gear when warmed up.  There is a post in drivetrain section on the symptoms.  When i got there I asked them if I could take a tech for a ride just so they could see exactly what was happening.  They again experienced the issue and sai they'll take a look.

Later that day they called me at work asking if i needed a car since they'll likely have to drop the tranny (which i assumed since it was likely a failed synchro).  They set me up with a rental free of charge.

My car is supposed to be done by the end of the week (covered by warranty) if the parts arrive in time.  If they don't I'm guessing next week.  Part delays are normal and they happen.  I'm sure the dealers don't want the cars just sitting around unless absolutely necessary.  Now are there bad dealers that try to earn extra coin with repairs, yes.  Is beardmore?  I don't think so from my experience.  Do i like the fact my transmission had to be removed and the tranny torn apart.  No, and I'm worried that it may not be put back together correctly.  It's a complicated job and people again do make mistakes.  But I keep the repair records and have a well documented history of drivetrain problems.  So if it fails again, I have something to stand on.

Also remember, it's not the dealer that does the work, it's the employees.  And employees come and go.  Some are good and some are bad.  It's not an excuse, but just something to be mindful of.

I'll continue to take my car in to Beardmore and will go to them for parts as needed (had a bad experience at stan olsen just getting oil, Only went cuz I was out that way and it was convenient).

I'm curious on the boost gauge issue Bogey had.  Is that a stock boost gauge or something you wired in aftermarket?

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
It was an aftermarket guage.  The super smart tech decided that when he put everything back together, that the BLACK ground wire that I had ran to the battery was actually a power wire.  Your comment about the tech and their turnover is true, however being a Subaru Dealership, it is up to them to make sure that their employees are top notch as they (as a dealership) represent a larger entity other than just an individual business.  I would not expect them to be super great at modding education, however for subaru specific and warranty work they should be on top of it.  Ive had enough bad experiences not just with them, but other Subie dealerships in our area.

I may have just the worst luck with them, I dont know.  The last time they jacked stuff up, they even ordered the wrong parts.  They gave me a rental....yeah, it was a Mazda 2.  Cheapest clown car you can rent.  It was like borrowing a go-cart for an extra 2-3 days to drive instead of my forester.  Even Bellevue Toyota wont give you anything smaller than a Corolla.

Hopefully with the management overhaul they did awhile back in service, they also took a look at the staff as well.  I dont dislike Beardmore as a whole.  I still buy parts from them, you just wont catch me doing any major work there anymore.  My car is not new and it is bought and paid for, so I am not attached by a warranty.  If I cant do it myself I will look at other options first.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:03:52 PM by Bogey »