Author Topic: Innovate LC-1  (Read 3722 times)

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
Innovate LC-1
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »

is the large unit on the right with 6 prongs the "ecu or datalogging" device? I just need to know so I can wire it up correctly.

Any one have experience with this process that wants to lend some thoughts?

Offline bluovaldude

Re: Innovate LC-1
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 06:32:59 AM »
That should be the "brain" of the unit.

Basic install : mount the o2 sensor to the downpipe about 8ins from turbo.
Place that box you asked about in a dry location close to the sensor so all the wires will fit nicely
Run the long set of wires into the cab (or were ever you would like for easy access)

I have mine ran to a gauge in my clock pod and ran the to jacks that look like headphone plug done to the center console for data logging. The other wires are all setup up for calibration and gauges.
If I remember correctly.

The picture you show I believe is just trying to show you every angle of what you get. Just look at the middle pick to give you a good idea for hook up.

And if you don't already have the unit there are instructions that come with it.

It's a great setup and awesome to use. I got mine curtesy of Tank!

Offline swfire271

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
Yea it doesn't look as confusing once you get it and lay it all out.  It's actually pretty simple.  I'm installing mine this week hopefully also!
Previous Subarus:
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

'04 PSM STi : Modification List

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:26 AM »
Ty, want to come over to Stephens and we can have an innovate install party?

ha ha

I don't have the unit in front of me but I've been asked by thrilla for assistance. I have no shame in admitting that I'm confused by it all, but I have yet to see it soo.

one last question, nothing actually links into the current ECU in the car does it?

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »
I used this guide when installing my LC-1
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1685461

I've installed one twice in my car and can help if you have questions. I also had to downgrade the firmware. The 1.10 firmware kept giving me the 8 flash error code (either timing or over heating). Downgrading the firmware to 1.00A fixed that problem.
http://www.hqtec.se/en-t-download.aspx

Do you already have the unit? If not, I'd recommend the MTX-L. Easier to install (don't have to mess with all the soldering), not much more expensive, and includes a gauge.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »
one last question, nothing actually links into the current ECU in the car does it?
Not in modern (2002+) Subarus. There is the option to do that in other cars, but not necessary in ours.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline swfire271

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
Ty, want to come over to Stephens and we can have an innovate install party?

That would be cool but I'm actually not sure when I'll be doing it this week.  I was just hoping I get a chance too some night after work.  If not, I work this Saturday and might end up doing it then while I'm at work.  I'm just planning on getting everything wired up except the actual o2 sensor since I don't have my downpipe installed yet.  But that will be the easy part compared to everything else. 

I also found this while searching that might be a good reference to you as well:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tuning-electronic-engine-management/134315526-lc-1-wideband-02-install-diy.html
Previous Subarus:
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Offline thrillamilla

• Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
Yes I've actually had this kit for about a year, just waiting to gather the rest of my parts. Thanks for the links, they will come in handy. Ty I'll be doing mine thursday/friday, so youre more than welcome to swing by. I was a little confused even with the instructions and the unit sitting in front of me, so I asked OMZ to help. Thanks though!

Offline swfire271

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »
Yes I've actually had this kit for about a year, just waiting to gather the rest of my parts. Thanks for the links, they will come in handy. Ty I'll be doing mine thursday/friday, so youre more than welcome to swing by. I was a little confused even with the instructions and the unit sitting in front of me, so I asked OMZ to help. Thanks though!

I'll keep that in mind and see what happens.  If you run into trouble or have any questions, feel free to message me and I'll see if I can help you out.  I work until 6pm after that just depends on what evening plans I might have for the day.  I ohmed a few wires today on my lunch break, I think I have all my wires picked out for splicing into for this install.  Should be pretty easy....I'm hoping!
Previous Subarus:
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Offline swfire271

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Still planning on installing this today or tomorrow?
Previous Subarus:
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Offline thrillamilla

• Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »

Yes. Do you know where you're going to mount yours? I'm not super comfortable putting it under the car and I would think it'd get got in the engine bay.

Offline swfire271

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »

Yes. Do you know where you're going to mount yours? I'm not super comfortable putting it under the car and I would think it'd get got in the engine bay.

Was thinking about putting it right above the wiring that goes into the passenger side of the dash, zip-tie it to the brake lines that are right there, like pictured in one of the install guide links above.
Previous Subarus:
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
That's what I did. I didn't have the grommet on the driver's side to run the wires through, so I slit the grommet holding the main harness on the passenger's side and ran them through there. If you go that route, I highly recommend some lube as things are rather tight.

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

I stripped the harness in the middle, cut a few wires and ran them straight to the gauge, taped the rest of the harness back up, real professional like, and when it was all said and done, it looked good.

Hopefully Stephen post pictures, videos, what not. It was fun/simple.