Author Topic: Tactrix Openport 2.0  (Read 3017 times)

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
    • JESUS LOVED THE HELL OUT OF ME
Tactrix Openport 2.0
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
anyone have one?

Offline tank

Re: Tactrix Openport 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »
anyone have one?

Quite a few of us do.. Whats up?

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:36 AM »
i think it would be silly for me to purchase one for myself if i could get someone in town to let me use theirs. just getting a feel for may be down to help out  8)  you're up in omaha, right?

Offline backpackadam

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »
That was kind of a rude way of asking to borrow something.

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:20:51 AM »
or maybe you're just eaisly offended?

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »
and it was just a question; i don't even know how to use the thing yet.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
I have one but comments in this thread have made me realize how silly it would be for me to let someone borrow an expensive fragile electronic device.  ;)

For real, though, if you're thinking about getting into tuning at all (more than just a single stage 1/2 reflash), you'd be much better off getting your own. It is nice to be able to log any time you want/think there might be an issue/install a new part/etc.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:20 AM »
I have one but comments in this thread have made me realize how silly it would be for me to let someone borrow an expensive fragile electronic device.  ;)

For real, though, if you're thinking about getting into tuning at all (more than just a single stage 1/2 reflash), you'd be much better off getting your own. It is nice to be able to log any time you want/think there might be an issue/install a new part/etc.

yeah- i agree. building community seems to be a total waste of time

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:54:39 AM »
 :discomonkey :bunny: :Bfinoch :bomb: :error: :spam: :sleepy: :king:

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »

yeah- i agree. building community seems to be a total waste of time
Building community is strongly encouraged here. It is what this site is all about. There are many members on here who frequently go out of there way to help others in need. Many times I have lent parts or given my labor to help others, and many times others have done the same for me. Asking nicely for help goes a very long way on this site.

Exploiting members for your own personal gain is not part of community building. I'll apologize if I took your post the wrong way, but to me, it seemed it was the opposite of community building.

or maybe you're just eaisly offended?
We may be more easily offended as a whole on here because we are used to members being polite and respectful. We are not like NASIOC and NESS, and I am proud of that.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline JL_BIG

• Novice
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 01:46:03 PM »
i've not come to argue, steal parts/tools, or unjustly offend others.  :sadbanana

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »
My suggestion is to come out to one of our weekly or random meets and get to know people.  Good luck.
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »
It is very easy to get the wrong impression while reading text online. That's the great part about a local community. We can meet in person and get to know our true personalities. I highly recommend the jbirds Tuesday meets in Omaha. I need to get down to one of the Lincoln meets.

Offline joeleodee

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
Did I miss the butthurt?  :P

Offline C.J.

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »
Nobody borrows my 1.3...

Offline 99STM

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
Just buy one. They're not exactly cheap but it's never just a one time use. You flash the map and log it a few times. It's always good to log it every once in a while to check it.
-Shawn

Offline mistahcat

• '11 sti, dom 3 w/ support
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
If you can wait until July, I'll be back then and I have a 2.0 you could use.

But +1 on getting one. They're not too bad for price and it's nice being able to log whenever you want. I'm always paranoid about fuel quality so I frequently check for knock.

PS I'm super offended by your frivolous use of the unicorn emoticon. The unicorn is a very important animal to my people and we get easily butthurt when people don't take it seriously.
2011 STi in LR, Dom 3.0