Author Topic: 2011 ECU Reflash  (Read 1170 times)

Offline diabloblanca

• Facebook
2011 ECU Reflash
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »
Hey everyone. I have a questions with reflashing my ECU. I know that it is probably different than older WRX STi's. I have a 2011 WRX STi and I am wanting to know the correct way to reflash my ECU after I put on some modifications. I've tried researching it and such, but really have not found the right answers. So, does anyone out there know the correct way to do it? I have the COBB Access port and I really want to avoid all the error codes. So far the only thing that I have found is to get my car up to operating temp, disconnect neg. side of battery and pump my breaks about 5 times.

Offline MasterForce

Re: 2011 ECU Reflash
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
All you do is connect the accessport and marry it. then you can reflash as many times as you want after that. there are two tunes. Reflash (permanent) and realtime (temporary). reflash would be when you actually clear everything and the tune will stay in even if you disconnect battery or turn off the car, etc. for real time it will only last until you disconnect the battery. if you do then it will go back to the reflash (permanent) one.
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
Re: 2011 ECU Reflash
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:24 AM »
Hey everyone. I have a questions with reflashing my ECU. I know that it is probably different than older WRX STi's. I have a 2011 WRX STi and I am wanting to know the correct way to reflash my ECU after I put on some modifications. I've tried researching it and such, but really have not found the right answers. So, does anyone out there know the correct way to do it? I have the COBB Access port and I really want to avoid all the error codes. So far the only thing that I have found is to get my car up to operating temp, disconnect neg. side of battery and pump my breaks about 5 times.

Load the AP with the maps from CObbs website.  Plug it in to the OBD2 port. Scroll down to the marry part.  Then follow their instructions.  Only takes a few seconds now a days.  I would make sure you have the current Firmware installed on your AP too.  If you live out in west Omaha you can always come over to my place and I can help you.  Ive had AP's for 6+ years.