Author Topic: Another reason I will NEVER do business with Stan Olsen Subaru Again!!!!  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Craigs92X

So 2 weeks ago I take my 2012 Outback to Stan Olsen and tell them about 2 areas where paint is starting to bubble (hood/roof) on my 8 month old  brand new car. The Service manager, and Body Shop manager both looked at it, and said yep something needs to be done. I go back 2 days later and the BS Manager takes pics for the Regional Suby Rep so he could look at them. The BS manager was taking pics and was complaining about how he couldn't see it clearly and kept taking pics. Fast forward to today. I call them back because he never returned the 2 messages I left him both Thrus and Fri last week, and the BS manager informs me that the Rep seen the pics and decided that he wasn't going to do anything about it because he says it's been previously painted. I asked him again, it is a brand new car. I drove it off the lot with ZERO miles on it, how could it have been repainted. So at that time, he told me he wasnt going to do anything about it and to take it back to the original dealer (DuTeau) that I bought it from. Before even calling Stan Olsen, my salesman/dealer were up to date on what I was doing. I didn't want to drive to Lincoln, hence the reason I went to Stan.

So now, I am heading down to DuTeau tomorrow for them to look at it. Funny thing is that the Suby rep will be the same one from Stan. My salesman assured me one way or another it will be taken care of. Another reason why I am glad I purchased from DuTeau.

If not SOA will be getting a call.....

End Rant. Opinions?
2012 Outback Limited is AWDSOME.......
2005 Stage 2 Saabaru 9-2X  SOLD

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
Thats Olsen for ya....Everytime I've been there I've had bad experiences. 

I would have came unglued if they told me it they thought it was previously painted. 

Offline watercrawl

• Marr Knives
No way, seriously????  That was really their response??  That makes no sense at all.

Offline x.Ln

i got told my hood was repainted when i asked for it to be looked at there too, i think that might be his go-to line.

i usually get good personable service as far as routine stuff goes there though
2013 SWP Subaru BRZ - shift knob
2006 WRB Subaru WRX STI - stage 2 pro tune

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
Well, hopefully they treat you nice.  My FIL used to be a Toyota regional parts/service manager.  His comments about this very topic were that a lot of times it has quite a bit to do with the manager/location owners relationships with the regionals as well.  Maybe SO has a bad rep with them too.  The individual dealerships also have the options to cover it, which is probably why they recommended taking it to DuTeau.  From most of the testimony here, sounds like they are a stand up dealership.  If they take care of business make sure you drop a nice review their way!!! ;)  Bringing your car to the meet?

Offline Limited DB

• I ♡ AWD
I work for SO, and we've had some issues with our rep and body stuffs before. im sorry to hear about your inconvenience. i hope it gets take care of for you. good luck and keep us updated on what Lincoln has to say about it.
I MY SUBARU

Offline mistahcat

• '11 sti, dom 3 w/ support
Weak. I scheduled for them to look at a whirring noise issue (wheel bearing, I think) this weekend and my persisting trouble with slow turnover on start. Now I wonder if they will hassle me for having a tune or red flag me to SOA, try to void my warranty. So are any of our Local dealers any good? I would drive to Duteau if I had to.
2011 STi in LR, Dom 3.0

Offline Craigs92X

Took it down to Duteau this afternoon. Pulled into the service bay, and were greeted by 2 of the nicest service guys! Dan, my salesman came out to make sure everything was being taken care of as well. They looked it over with a fine tooth comb, and said it WILL get repainted. They basically said Stan's body guys were complete idiots (which I agreed 5000%). The Service manager knows the rep very well and said that he was prol never contacted about my issue. He said that Stan Olsen probably just didn't want to touch the car hence the reason they sent me back to my dealer. DuTeau's service manager said teh Subie Rep would be properly informed and he highly doubted he would have any issues. I take it back down next Sat morn, they are putting me in a loaner for a week, so the roof and hood can be repainted at their body shop. DuTeau FTW as always!! So all ends well.

Bogey: Prol not going to make the meet. Have prior plans. I don't really want to show it until I get it lowered and rims underneath it. :)

Offline RedOxRu

• Moderators
Glad you got your stuff sorted out. Sucks that you had to deal with the horse and pony show...

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
Glad you got your stuff sorted out. Sucks that you had to deal with the horse and pony show...

+1
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline SubaruSalesGuy

Glad to hear it all got figured out.   :subaru:

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
Good to hear that everything is working out sir!!!  I never liked how SO treated me the one time I went there, so I never returned. 

Offline Limited DB

• I ♡ AWD
Weak. I scheduled for them to look at a whirring noise issue (wheel bearing, I think) this weekend and my persisting trouble with slow turnover on start. Now I wonder if they will hassle me for having a tune or red flag me to SOA, try to void my warranty. So are any of our Local dealers any good? I would drive to Duteau if I had to.

weve had guys come in here with more stuff than you and nothing was said. i wouldnt worry about it.
I MY SUBARU

Offline mistahcat

• '11 sti, dom 3 w/ support

weve had guys come in here with more stuff than you and nothing was said. i wouldnt worry about it.

Thats good to know. Hopefully they will honor warranty without any problems like with Craig's paint. Also hope they can get me a loaner if it takes a while.

Will post here after Saturday if I get the same runaround. Thanks for the comparison of Duteau, Craig. Know where to go next if SO is a no go.
2011 STi in LR, Dom 3.0

Offline Fossinator

• Novice
Re: Another reason I will NEVER do business with Stan Olsen Subaru Again!!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »
This kind of worries me as I purchased my Legacy from Stan Olsen. Awhile back I has a problem when my OEM Subaru metal valve stem caps fused to the valve stems and became impossible to remove. Because the car was under warranty and I'd purchased the caps from the dealer, Stan Olsen replaced the valve stems and TPMS units, saving me a good $500. I'm not sure why they wouldn't honor a vehicle under warranty, unless they have to cover the cost.
AWDsome

Offline Craigs92X

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »
This kind of worries me as I purchased my Legacy from Stan Olsen. Awhile back I has a problem when my OEM Subaru metal valve stem caps fused to the valve stems and became impossible to remove. Because the car was under warranty and I'd purchased the caps from the dealer, Stan Olsen replaced the valve stems and TPMS units, saving me a good $500. I'm not sure why they wouldn't honor a vehicle under warranty, unless they have to cover the cost.

From what I was told, they just didn't want to deal with it. Took it to my dealer DuTeau In Lincoln, and all was taken care of...

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re:
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
Beardmore, Edwards, Stan Olsen, DuTeau, I've managed to hear complaints like this across the board.  There are good stories from all of them too.  It just sucks that this happened to one of our own.  Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
Re:
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:44 AM »
Beardmore, Edwards, Stan Olsen, DuTeau, I've managed to hear complaints like this across the board.  There are good stories from all of them too.  It just sucks that this happened to one of our own.  Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Since duteau split into two lots, I've never heard anything bad.

Offline Kingbuttmonkey

• Novice
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
I'm late to the discussion, but personally dealing with warranty issues for different brands  (not Subaru) as the main area of my job, the selling dealer, or a dealer you are loyal to has weight in which repairs will be authorized.  So I don't know the policies in place regarding Subaru warranty repairs. This is my own experience.