Author Topic: Shop recommendations for clutch/flywheel install? -Lincoln  (Read 1708 times)

Offline CornOntheCobb

• 04 WRB STi
Shop recommendations for clutch/flywheel install? -Lincoln
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »
Well hi! Not sure if this is the right section for this but does anyone have any good shop recommendations for a clutch/flywheel install in Lincoln? I have all the parts so it would just be for labor. I called DuTeau and they quoted me $700-$800. A friend recommended Automotive Services Inc on 17th and Adams. I called them for a quote and was told it would be $507. I just thought I'd check here first to see if there are any other recommendations in Lincoln.

Offline kevinmfb

• Elite Member
  • 09 OBP WRX Hatch
Re: Shop recommendations for clutch/flywheel install? -Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:35 AM »
All depends on shop rates and the dealership is always going to be highest. The job with a new flywheel takes less time than a job with resurfacing the OE flywheel so that can be a difference in price and should be stated which you have from the get-go.

Maybe give these guys a call. They are a sponsor on the forums.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:18 PM »
The Shop Inc. is a good place to check.

I would also recommend Brewer Auto Services & Repair: http://goo.gl/maps/4L9e
Owner is a friend and will take good care of you.  Not sure if he's set up to do this all in house, but definitely worth a call to find out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:16:50 PM by Aki »

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »
Trade Center Automotive is one of the shops that I take my cars to. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They've replaced two clutches for me since I've been 16, which weren't my fault mind you, and they did a good job.

Offline CornOntheCobb

• 04 WRB STi
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
The Shop - $741
Brewer Auto Services & Repair wants to supply his own parts - not happening.
Trade Center Automotive - $600

Thanks for the recommendations so far fellas!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:53:33 PM by vindiCAtor »

Offline RedOxRu

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
You should ask the mechanic what parts they use and why. I dont know why you'd be opposed to a mechanic using their own parts as long as they're using quality items at a reasonable mark-up.

Offline Trick

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »
The Daily Driver

Offline Bushido

• Novice
  • Flat and straight sucks
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 05:56:23 AM »
RUSSGARAGE.COM
•bushido•

Offline MasterForce

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »
You should ask the mechanic what parts they use and why. I dont know why you'd be opposed to a mechanic using their own parts as long as they're using quality items at a reasonable mark-up.

He has parts on hand and would be paying double if they want to buy parts again. He could have an upgraded clutch/flywheel, ect.
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline EmJay@RG

• Sponsors
    • the RG
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
Seeing as how this thread was started in July, he most likely has his clutch/flywheel job done already.
We charge 5 hours for a standard swap, 6 if it's fiddly or you want to stand around and watch and slow us down.
At the old rate when this thread was started it would have come in at $425.
Also, the original poster didn't say if he was supplying his own gear lube so the price of said lube should be taken into account when estimating the cost of the job.
ALSO, when a customer says they are supplying their own parts, if those parts are known to NOT fit the application at hand, there will be an extra charge for time spent making the part work for the application. Basically, clear your parts purchases with us before you buy them to make sure they will work in your year/make/model/modded car.