Author Topic: Anybody ever used raceland coilovers.??  (Read 2221 times)

Offline ericomaha

• Novice
Anybody ever used raceland coilovers.??
« on: August 12, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
So my buddie told me about RC coils and I looked them up there only 469 buck so I thought they would be cheap and have Terriable reviews but I have actually heard they are descent for DD cars. So had anyone here used them?!

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
Re: Anybody ever used raceland coilovers.??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:23 PM »
I wouldn't put them on my car. You get what you pay for.  Second hand parts would probably better, search nasioc for something decent for just a few bucks more.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
So my buddie told me about RC coils and I looked them up there only 469 buck so I thought they would be cheap and have Terriable reviews but I have actually heard they are descent for DD cars. So had anyone here used them?!

Coilovers for $469?  Without even looking at them, the price says it all.  They'll be **** no matter how you want to use them.

Offline ericomaha

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »
yeah you are right anything that cheap is usally junk.

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »
yeah you are right anything that cheap is usally junk.

For cheap coils, BC is probably your best bet. They go for around 1k a set.    I have a set of Stance GR+ coils on my STi now which were about 1300....They ride great for a cheaper set. 

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
i am constantly searching nasioc for a set of used coils. I, personally, am iffy on teins, but they should be great street coils.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2386925&highlight=coilovers

$800, and they are in OK, shipping would be easy

edit:

more
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394098

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:02:37 PM by onemanzu »

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2403929

better reputation then racelands... but not something I would track in. worth a look see though.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2402977

seems legit

Offline MasterForce

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
The cheapest best ones are IMO BCR coils @ $1K. Some people say the TEIN or Megan Racing ones but i really dont like the reviews on those. The expesive BADASS ones are of course KW V3's. I think a set for a 11 STI goes for around $2.5K. Might be less for a WRX.
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
FWIW the drift SVX is reported to run Raceland coils.
http://www.nebraska-subaru.com/forum/index.php/topic,15422.0/topicseen.html
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline ericomaha

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
Haha nice thread. Thanks man I'm actually buying a set I'll let you know how it goes  few of my freinds have them and said they are actually ok. Will give review soon.

Offline Kenny McKee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »
To revive this thread from the dead. There is a sect of RSX owners that swear by Raceland coilovers. They're cheap, but you can modify them slightly and have them at a smooth ride. Their customer service is also excellent. You gotta risk it for the biscuit. Personally, I'd look at the higher priced options first, but if you're desperate for a drop. Racelands aren't a bad alternative. Just don't be complaining when they don't ride as well as a pair of $1500 coilovers.

Offline Lesac

• Elite Member
  • I want all the cars!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 05:40:39 AM »
I have no personal experience with the racelands other than all the miata guys on the forums like them because they just want to slam their cars cheaply, and dont really care about performance or ride quality. Also I have ridden and driven a mk4 GTi that had them that sat very low. not sure of handling though since the car seemed to constantly be hitting the ground or bump stops. I think my previous sentence sums up the ride quality. good luck with them, I hope they work well on your car.

Offline commbubba19

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 07:07:58 AM »
Is the issue with them the spring rate on their coilovers or the dampening level?  Do racelands have adjustable dampening?  Could you swap the springs with a better quality spring with a higher/lower spring rate?