Author Topic: floor mats  (Read 1919 times)

Offline b-dup

floor mats
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »
ever since i bought my 11 wrx two years ago one of the first things i did was take out my cloth floor mats and put in my all weather ones. i havent used my cloth floor mats since then. does anyone hear like the cloth floor mats and have any comments to say about them?
when you are asked why, reply with why not?

Offline MasterForce

Re: floor mats
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
I did the same thing. There are stowed some where in my storage.
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
I've heard the cloth floor mats in Subies get messed up pretty easily.  I'm in the same boat as you guys, though.  Got the All-weather mats and kept my stock cloth mats stowed away.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
I like cloth for the summer and rubber for the winter. I swap mine when I swap tires.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline b-dup

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
i figured it rains more than i would want it to if i wanted to use my cloth ones so i just keep my all weather ones in all year. i dont even remember what the interior would look like with the cloth ones in lol

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
I much more prefer carpet mats.  I change cars for the rainy/snowy weather.  I only put rubber mats in my wifes car over winter because she doesn't take care of her car.

Offline b-dup

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
I much more prefer carpet mats.  I change cars for the rainy/snowy weather.  I only put rubber mats in my wifes car over winter because she doesn't take care of her car.

i have this theory that says if a womans room is really clean then their car is a complete mess but if her car is clean then her room is a mess. but a little off topic, i only have one car so i keep all weather mats in for the reason i dont want to keep switching between the two and i dont want the carpet ones to get all jacked up

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
I have both for my 12 WRX, but I haven't used the all weather yet.  Actually I'd prefer to sell these and get some from Weather Tech instead.
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline HawkWagon

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
I have both for my 12 WRX, but I haven't used the all weather yet.  Actually I'd prefer to sell these and get some from Weather Tech instead.

You won't regret it...

Offline BaronOBeefdip

• Novice
  • My STi is blue.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
I have the carpet mats that I got with my car originally, as well as the rare blue ones with the STi logo on 'em that I only put in for shows. The regular ones get dirty fairly easy but I clean my car religiously. Some of you already know I don't drive it during the winter. =)

Offline CornOntheCobb

• 04 WRB STi
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
I have the black carpet mats that say STi on them in and then the all-weather mats on top of those year-round. Not sure why I have them both in actually, that's just how I've always done it with my cars. Maybe to keep the carpet ones clean but still there in case I need to show them off ;) The carpet mats are a lot nicer and look a lot better but I prefer not getting them dirty.

Offline RedOxRu

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 11:25:16 PM »
I have the black carpet mats that say STi on them in and then the all-weather mats on top of those year-round.

Stacking mats is usually blamed for stuck accelerators (Lexus, Ford, Toyota recalls).

The 2011 carpet mats in my car are awful. The driver's side one is worn through the carpet into the actual mat itself underneath my gas pedal...all from normal driving.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:43 AM »
Swapped to winter mode yesterday. Snow tires, rubber mats, and topped off the washer fluid with de-icer.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com