Author Topic: Battery problem?  (Read 824 times)

Offline ericomaha

• Novice
Battery problem?
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »
I just installed my 7 inch double in dash in WRX I have a wideband the boosted oil pressure gauge also that lights up when the cars is in the on position along with my access port I was cleaning out my car with the radio on. All of a sudden the radio shut off and I put it back into the on position in the car would not start it drained my battery. But after I waited 20 minutes it fired back up like nothing. Could it be I don't have a big enough battery or what. I noticed my underdrive pully has been causing a battery issue as well lately causing my alternator volts to run lower at idle.

Offline brendentl

• Novice
Re: Battery problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
if you have an underdrive pulley it is possible that the alternator is spinning fast enough to supply an ample amount of current as far as the car sitting and starting after twenty minutes that is wierd sounds like you got lucky what is the voltage reading at your battery at idle?

Offline zombiez07

Re: Battery problem?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »
check your cables.  make sure they are tight.  especially if you have an inline fuse for your stereo.  those suckers wiggle loose on a whim.