Author Topic: Omaha Clear Bra  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Arani Rey

Omaha Clear Bra
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:12:06 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with these guys? They have a shop address listed, but the guy said he does the clear bra's at his own shop/house. They gave me a quote to do the front bumper, 18" up the hood and fenders, the mirrors, headlights, the cargo area below the hatch, and the door cups for $550. Plus the do a paint sealant for free. It already has rear impact and door edge done from Beardmore.

Does this seems like a reputable place and/or a reasonable price?? Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:01:40 PM by Arani Rey »

Offline Arani Rey

Re: Omaha Clear Bra - Don Einerson
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:00:38 PM »
Well I took on chance with this guy and it seems to have turned out really well. Seems to be a freelancer that has trained all of the xpel vendors here in town. He said he's done the clear bra installs for Markel BMW for quite a while now. He did everything I mentioned in the last post, plus a few extras that I really wanted. There a still a few specs on it in the photos because I started taking them while he was finishing up. I'll put a few pictures in here, the rest are in my Picasa Album

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:41:06 PM by Arani Rey »

Offline BIG ERV

Re: Omaha Clear Bra
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
pics look great!  I am getting the BRZ clear bra'ed as soon as I can get it done.  So I assume you were very satisfied with their work then?  If you think they did a great job, they have my business.  With the sand mixture they throw on the roads during the winter here, I would rather not have chips in the paint and have 500+ dollars eat the rocks and debris rather than a 1000+ dollar paint job.

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:58:42 PM »
pics look great!  I am getting the BRZ clear bra'ed as soon as I can get it done.  So I assume you were very satisfied with their work then?  If you think they did a great job, they have my business.  With the sand mixture they throw on the roads during the winter here, I would rather not have chips in the paint and have 500+ dollars eat the rocks and debris rather than a 1000+ dollar paint job.

I noticed a few cloudy areas that he said take a few days to go away and there's a seam across the lower lip of the front bumper due the brand of bra used other than that its perfect. He said any issues at all he will take care of and the material has a 10 year warranty. A really nice guy to work with though, I got to watch him finish and talk for awhile about his business and experience. Here's his card.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:01:25 PM by Arani Rey »

Offline BIG ERV

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
awesome thanks!  I am going to do a full Bumper, hood, and fender wrap (if he can do it)

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:38:33 PM »
awesome thanks!  I am going to do a full Bumper, hood, and fender wrap (if he can do it)

Full hood and fenders or just the partial? The full panels gets crazy $ fast lol. I'd just give the guy a call when you get a chance and ask. You can say I referred you if you want, my name is Alex H.

Offline BIG ERV

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 09:49:24 PM »
Yeah Full hood haha and Fenders,  Way the BRZ sits, rock will roll right on up.  Will do, I know it will add up fast which is why I set aside a $2000.00 budget for Tint, wheels, and clear bra.  I want to Opticoat the car but not in the winter.

Offline kevinmfb

• Elite Member
  • 09 OBP WRX Hatch
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
Next step: Remove that godawful Beardmore sticker from the hatch ;)
But seriously...warm it up with a hairdryer and peel away.

Offline jrhunter

• My graphic design business page
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 04:10:48 PM »
That's a heck of a lot cheaper than the place in Lincoln where I wanted to get the burz done. They wanted $800 (iirc) for just the bumper.
2013 Subaru BRZ - 1969 VW Beetle - 1990 Honda CRX

and out come the wolves, out come the wolves

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:56 PM »
Next step: Remove that godawful Beardmore sticker from the hatch ;)
But seriously...warm it up with a hairdryer and peel away.

Yeah I was going to do that this weekend if its warm enough lol. I have a heat gun, but that thing gets so hot using it on my car makes me nervous.

...hate dealer badging..

Offline kevinmfb

• Elite Member
  • 09 OBP WRX Hatch
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »
I used a heat gun on mine. Just keep it moving over the paint and don't get too close. Work as slow as needed so you damage the finish.

Offline MasterForce

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 03:15:04 PM »
Looks awesome! woulda done it when i first got my car but i got alot of chips already so its useless. lol. i just cover them with touch up paint. anyways instead of a heatgun you can also use a hair dryer.
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline Imprez81

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
Car looks awesome! I'll give him a call I love that WRX body style and color.