Author Topic: aem wideband  (Read 939 times)

Offline zombiez07

aem wideband
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
forgive my frustration.  still new to all this and can't seem to get a straight answer to a seemingly simple question.  the aem has the 4 pin connector on the back. one 12v, one ground, one white analog output and one blue serial. 12v and black to clock wires, and blue to data logging cable.  where the #### does the white one go?  i'm leaving my stock 02 in place and putting the wb sensor in the dp behind the turbo.  since i'm leaving the stock 02 in place and wired, do i leave the white analog unhooked?  also, once hooked up, do i need a serial to usb cable too or do most tuners have these already?  is that all that would be required to hook the aem to a laptop to do opensource?

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
Re: aem wideband
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:13:06 PM »
I can't comment on which wire goes where as I haven't installed an AEM nor do I have the instructions for it. As for logging, you'll have to build or buy a serial logging cable. You can do it for a few dollars (how-to can be found on the Internet) or contact Busted Finger Motor sports for a pre-made adapter. Their serial to USB portion has proven to not work well with Windows 7 or higher. I actually have my own cable for that portion to avoid delay issues when tuning.

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »
white is optional, looks like its a sender, 0-5v

that's what Google says.

forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0ed470696569b3c27ee083bc5d7f793c&/topic,21559.0.html

Offline zombiez07

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
cool, thanks guys.  i'm going to make the logging cable, easy to do, and will make sure to get a windows 7 compatible serial to usb.   and yeah i agree, i think the white wire is for hooking to the ecu, which for this purpose will not be done.