Author Topic: Fender rolling - Who's done it?  (Read 920 times)

Offline commbubba19

Fender rolling - Who's done it?
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
Got my new wheel/tire setup and there is a slight rub over big dips in the rear.  I can do it but would like some tips from those that have done it before.

8)

Offline mjorgensen

Re: Fender rolling - Who's done it?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
The whole key is to evenly heat the area while you are doing the rolling, and don't rush it, if you do the paint will crack, only go as far as you need to for the clearance.
Mark Jorgensen[/size][/font]
11' SWP STi[/font]

mjorgensen@woodhouse.com
mjorgensen99@msn.com

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
The whole key is to evenly heat the area while you are doing the rolling, and don't rush it, if you do the paint will crack, only go as far as you need to for the clearance.
[/quote
+1

The thin paint on the newer subies crack really easy too.  Id like to run 18X10's on my STi but I dont wanna mess with the fender rolling. 

Offline OBP WRX

• bought it for the burble
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

Truth, I did the opposite and cracked the paint bad (cold, rushed, and as far as I could get it).  Gonna pull/roll some more when it warms up (wood bat method) and then I might fix the paint, or just leave it...exterior is far from show quality already
Jerome

'05 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX