Author Topic: 110v Interior Outlet  (Read 711 times)

Offline Arani Rey

110v Interior Outlet
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:15:20 PM »
I came across the factory kit to do a 110v outlet in the back of the center console.

It looked pretty enticing at first until I realized it was 100w max, two prong only, and almost $200 to install. So now I am trying to come up with alternatives.
I start looking around and remember that I pulled one out of my truck before I sold it.. It was semi-installed in to that vehicle.

I think "It'd be awesome to have a 3 prong, a usb, and an extra 12v at the back of my console!!". Tore the thing open and found bad news. It won't activate with the power button on topped being pushed every time ( I could overcome that ) and the USB is mounted to an internal circuit board  :sadbanana

So now I am looking for advice on what to do, I'd like to have a permanently installed 110v 3prong recep with at least 150w because my laptop draws more than 100w. I've seen usb/duplex receps at work, but I think they're just too large and tacky to put in a car.

Any thoughts?

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
Re: 110v Interior Outlet
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
Do something simple like under mount on the passenger side under the glove box. Hard wire it into the car and use thicker wires then those, looks a tad skinny.