Author Topic: Fumoto Valve  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Xafen

Fumoto Valve
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »
Tonight at J-Birds some hadn't heard of the Fumoto Valve.  It's pretty awesome, so I thought I'd post.  I first learned about it from the NASIOC forums.

http://www.fumotousa.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHIoQb2WPL0

Though it won't help with various guards being in the way...

Also, the N and L series solve different problems, N gives you a nipple to easily put a hose on, and L gives you an L bend on the N series.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:00:06 PM by Xafen »

Offline sjw

Re: Fumoto Valve
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »
Had one on my `04 for the five years I owned it, worked great. Definitely saved time and much less messy.

- Shawn

Offline TortoiseAWD

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36:10 AM »
I've had one on my '02 WRX for over 11 years and 120k miles.  Never drop another drain plug, never need another crush washer . . . $30 well-spent, IMO.
Driving a Subaru is more awesome than a monkey in a bacon tuxedo riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for a horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars, while engulfed in flames.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
That's pretty awesome. 

Might be something I look in to for at least the AutoX car, slightly leery doing it on the RX car.  But with monthly oil changes on both, it'd definitely save some effort.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
I installed one in the Legacy about a year ago. Love it. It sure makes quick work of oil changes. Now if they would have a solution for the filter, I would be a very happy man.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline Xafen

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »
I installed one in the Legacy about a year ago. Love it. It sure makes quick work of oil changes. Now if they would have a solution for the filter, I would be a very happy man.

By solution do you mean position?  Like the gen4  ^_^

Blue is the oil filter  ;D, until my next change when I put a black one back on (blue ones have cardboard caps, black, aluminim...).

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »
Yea, the 5th gens are pretty cool. My 4th gen's filter is much easier to get to than my 07 Civic Si (horizontal above the passenger side half shaft), but the oil during down it while unscrewing still make a big mess.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline jton

• Elite Member
  • 1993 Impreza Wagon - SOLD
    • Build
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 01:07:56 AM »
I have two of these, never opened or used, sitting in my tool box. Anyone want one?
-Jimmy
R35 GTR

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 02:40:02 AM »
I have two of these, never opened or used, sitting in my tool box. Anyone want one?

How much you asking?

Offline BIG ERV

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
If Aki does not like the price, I would be interested

Offline Kenny McKee

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
Yea, the 5th gens are pretty cool. My 4th gen's filter is much easier to get to than my 07 Civic Si (horizontal above the passenger side half shaft), but the oil during down it while unscrewing still make a big mess.

K20Z3? IF it's anything like my RSX-S, you can reach that filter from the top with a little bit of coordination haha.