Author Topic: Rave: Dent Crafters  (Read 1631 times)

Offline TortoiseAWD

• Moderators
Rave: Dent Crafters
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »
Last Friday, I was in my garage in front of my car, and tripped.  I managed not to fall, but only by catching myself on the hood, leaving a couple of large shallow dents (left hand, right forearm).  I figured I was SOL, because I know aluminum can be temperamental for PDR repairs.  I called up Dent Crafters (first that showed up on Google), and Jeff (the owner) told me he would be at his shop near 132nd and B on Saturday morning, and to stop on by.  I was expecting just an estimate, but he said he could take care of it no problem, and could do the job while I waited.  About 30 minutes later, you'd never be able to tell that my 300 lb. fat ###  had done any damage.

Jeff has 23 years of experience, and it shows.  He gets a big thumbs-up from this clumsy Suby owner.

Tort
Driving a Subaru is more awesome than a monkey in a bacon tuxedo riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for a horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars, while engulfed in flames.

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: Rave: Dent Crafters
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »
EmJay, this is the guy I was telling you about on Thursday!

I've used Jeff before too!  Awesome guy, spectacular work, more than reasonable pricing.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:26 PM »
Nice, good to know of another experienced panel beater in the area!

Offline Xafen

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
Hmm, I may have to stop by and have him take a look at a ding I got on the top of my rocker panel.  It's inside near where the rubber seals against the car, and for the life of me I can't remember doing anything that would have caused it  :(

What sucks is it is a 1/16" indentation or so, only ~.5" long by ~.25" wide.  Not the sort of thing to come out easy I think...

I guess I can't discount a dealership dropping a tool...but I'm not dwelling on it too much.  I just notice it now and then when the dirt conditions are right.

Offline DaBrat

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
Yup Dent Crafters has my vote on paintless dent repair.  Awesome work.  Honest guys with honest prices for the work.  A must go if you have a few dings to get out.
DaBrat

'08 Legacy 3.0R, '12 Toyota Tacoma, '02 TransAm WS6 Convertible

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »
I've got a stack of his business cards in my office if anyone wants a few to hand out.  Cooley has earned my respect and business just with the one time I've needed him.

Offline kevinmfb

• Elite Member
  • 09 OBP WRX Hatch
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
My dad and Jeff have known each other for YEARS...decades even.
He does good work (Jeff). I'd take my car there any time.

Offline lingling1337

• Novice
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »
Maybe I'll hit them up, I put a nice knee-dent in my fender working on the engine.

Offline Double0-12

• Novice
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »
I brought my Outback I was selling to Dent Crafters the day before the new owner took delivery to have a small dent which I hadn't noticed earlier removed.  I was running late and called to give them a heads-up that I might need to come by the following day.  Jeff said he'd wait around.  When I got there he fixed the dent in 5 minutes and didn't even charge me because he felt it was so minor.  Awesome place!  I've decided from now on to always park near the cart return at grocery stores and let my wife get our kid's bikes out of the garage just so I can pay Jeff back for his awesome service.