Author Topic: brake help for 05 NA legacy  (Read 1062 times)

Offline zombiez07

brake help for 05 NA legacy
« on: April 05, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
going to change these out on my gf's legacy.  my searching has left me confused.  front pads are not that difficult to find.  thinking of going with ebc ultimax's as she drives like a granny anyways and doesn't want to spend much.  summit has them listed as UD929s.  this is correct im assuming?
now to the rears.  having a real issue finding compatibilty, not sure why.  the ebc ultimax's listed as rears are only for the GT models part UD770.  i actually haven't been able to find a single rear pad that specifically lists the na as compatible.  will the gt one's fit on the rears? recommendations/info greatly appreciated.  don't want her rotors going out in the meantime since she waited so long to change pads... :-\

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
Re: brake help for 05 NA legacy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »
It is my understanding that the GT has larger brakes than the 2.5i, so I would doubt the pads would fit. Can't you just go to Advance and pick up some new pads? They offer 10% off for NSOC members.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline milesej05

• Currently: Subieless :(
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
We get a discount at Advanced Auto Parts?

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline zombiez07

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
the gf wanted something better than standard pads.  was actually able to find a front/rear pack of stoptechs for under 100 bucks.  thinking i may go that route on the wrx too... though when i had my wheels off the pads currently on there were orange...  def not oem, maybe ebc's?

Offline corx

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
why would you want differnt than stock pads? brakes not good enough? you need a purpose to choose new pads. i like ceramic pads because there is less dust but they wear the rotor more than stock pads.
-chris van middelkoop-
10 nbp gh6 Impreza
67 Dark Blue Street Beetle
"your impreza is evolving!...
congratulations, your impreza just evolved into an old worn out sti!"