Author Topic: Adj. Swaybar Endlink tuning  (Read 809 times)

Offline woznin49

Adj. Swaybar Endlink tuning
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:05:18 PM »
2005 STI
Stance GR coilovers
Hotchkis swaybar kit
Hotchkis adj endlinks front and rear

I got the endlinks in a kit and would just like a ballpark settings for them.  I understand theyre used to set pre-load in and out but I have no Auto X or track experience.  Car is a DD and will not see a track till the summer time.  I was thinking long in the rear to get the most articulation out of the rear and maybe alittle shorter than stock? 

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
Re: Adj. Swaybar Endlink tuning
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »
I am not a track experience guy.  I did run adjustable whitelines on my WRX however.  If it were me, I would adjust them close to the stock size and run it like that for a while to get used to your new bars.  Then when you have free time adjust away and play with the feel.  Make sure that if you are using them for a DD that you inspect them from time to time.  Somehow I lost half of one of mine while running them.  I ran a Hotchkis rear bar and liked it.

Offline woznin49

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »
I ended up running the rears at about 3/4 out and the had to run the fronts tight just to get the front bar to fit

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Basically you want the swaybars on the car and the car resting on the ground. May need ramps if you want to get under it easier. Basically the suspension needs to be loaded up as if the car were sitting on the ground.

Then you want the bar to be perfectly horizontal to the chassis and the set the links to the length needed to achieve that. Ride height will affect your link length, so adjust accordingly.