Author Topic: wideband install  (Read 1166 times)

Offline csmiller18

wideband install
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:42:19 AM »
I understand why a wideband is important and I've been reading allot on iwsti and nasioc.

My question is regarding install and use. Does it actually plug into the ecu and influence the learning on my afr daily or do i just use it to tune, log and keep an eye on it while driving?
2005 WRB STi
2008 YAMAHA R6
2005 HONDA TRX450R

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
Re: wideband install
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:13 AM »
Generally, it is just for logging. Some could have the ability to plug into the factory ECU, but you really shouldn't worry about that.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »
I used this post to install both of mine.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1685461
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline zombiez07

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
go aem.  super easy.  no need to wire to ecu unless you want to for some reason.  sensor in dp, plug into back of gauge, wire ground and power, and attach db9 adapter to logging wire.  plug rs232 into usb slot on laptop.  load software, get your play on.  and if you need db9/rs232, shamelessly plug that i make them  :P

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »
The are all easy and stand alone. 

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »
I installed an LC-1 once. Didn't know a thing about it, but have some basic knowledge in wiring. Was a breeze.

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
I did the PLX Wideband in the FXT.  Wasnt that labor intensive.  My DP had a bung already installed, so just bolted the sensor in, ran the sensor wire through the firewall near the peddles.  I ziptied the module behind the lower driver dash and ran a few wires for juice/signal and the guage came with it was plug and play pretty much.  Thats it.

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=WDBDSMAFR_DM6

If you go this route, you dont have to buy multiple guages if you dont want to.  You can daisy chain different modules together and the guage will read info from them all.  To log, you still need to get the cable that goes from the module to your puter.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:29:36 PM by Bogey »