Author Topic: OEM STi IC spray tank, where's this piece go? (Pics)  (Read 882 times)

Offline CornOntheCobb

• 04 WRB STi
OEM STi IC spray tank, where's this piece go? (Pics)
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:39:11 AM »
I'm in the process of cleaning out the IC spray tank on my 2004 STi and saw this black piece floating around in the water.

Is it part of the float sensor unit? Is it the float itself? Does it go on top of this? If so, does it matter which end goes on first? In the pic above, you can see one end is just a bit smaller.

Offline CornOntheCobb

• 04 WRB STi
Re: OEM STi IC spray tank, where's this piece go? (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
Never mind, I figured it all out yesterday.

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »
so where did it belong
you really should. it sounds better than two V8s having sex with a blowoff valve while a v12 tapes the whole thing.

Offline CornOntheCobb

• 04 WRB STi
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
The black piece goes on the pole. I put it on with the narrower end facing the bottom since it had a few numbers on it and looked a little more worn, maybe from sitting in the water. I was able to drop it on top of the pole with some needle nose pliers.

Turns out there's a clear tube that goes over the pole as well and locks the black floater piece in place. At first I thought it was affixed to the tank but then something was making noise when I was cleaning the inside of the tank, it was the clear tube that was loose. I was able to drop that onto the pole with needle nose pliers as well and locked it in place with a long screwdriver.

I haven't filled it up yet cause I wanted to test the I/C spray warning light and it works! So I either put the black piece on correctly or it didn't matter which end went in first.

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
sweet i'm glad you got it handled.

-zek
you really should. it sounds better than two V8s having sex with a blowoff valve while a v12 tapes the whole thing.