Author Topic: 2012 WRX Rattle  (Read 1078 times)

Offline vivalifeindia

2012 WRX Rattle
« on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:05 PM »
My 2012 WRX is making some rattling noise from the passenger side (towards the dash board) and also a bit from the driver side. Is anybody else having any issues with their WRX? The rattle noise is worse during cold days.

Approximately 6 months after purchase; I took the car to the dealership (on a relatively warm day) and they told me that they didn't hear anything and that it's normal due to temperature fluctuations etc. I feel that the rattle noise is a bit irritating and not sure if I can do anything to eliminate.

Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Offline milesej05

• Currently: Subieless :(
Re: 2012 WRX Rattle
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »
sorry to hear, and not sure if you want to point out which dealership it was.  But I had a TERRIBLE noise from a wheel bearing and the dealership I took it too said "the techs can't hear anything at low speeds or even when the tech took it on the highway"  I had to take the service manager for a drive and didn't even leave the parking lot and he heard it.

I have the rattles in my dash on my Legacy as well, I dealt with the problem for quite some time by either rolling down the windows or playing the music a little louder...or both.  Then I went to Wally World and picked up some of those clear snubbers and stuck those between the dash closest to the windshield and the windshield itself and the creaking/rattling went away.

these:
http://www.cheapjoes.com/3m-scotch-self-stick-rubber-pads-pack-of-18.html

and if it is too much of a gap i took two of them and stuck them to each other then put them between the dash and windshield

Offline MasterForce

Re: 2012 WRX Rattle
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:55:03 AM »
There is a thread about rattles. Mostly on the dash. Its usually the A-pillars on the bottom rattling. Some foam or something soft can take it away.
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on