Author Topic: Wideband o2  (Read 866 times)

Offline COswerve

• Novice
Wideband o2
« on: June 02, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »
People with a wideband/gauge installed, how difficult is the install process and is there a certain one that is recomended over others. This is my next project after I get this boost leak figured out.

Offline StiCam

• Novice
Re: Wideband o2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
Easy to install, I prefer the Innovate MTX-L

Offline Kenny McKee

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
Easy enough. If your DP has a bung for one already, it's really easy, but from what I saw, yours doesnt. You pretty much need to drill a hole in the top of your downpipe ~8 inches away from the turbo and weld on an o2 bung. You can take it to an exhaust shop and theyll do it for 50-80 bucks usually.  After that, you just screw the o2 sensor in, route the wire into the cabin, and hook your gauges up to the power and ground and route the o2 cable up into the back of the gauge.

Gauges that people recommend are usually the Innovate LC-1 or the AEM UEGO. I use the AEM UEGO since it doesn't need to be recalibrated like the LC-1. (I also got it for dirt cheap from a guy here on NSOC)

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »
Lc-1 is too many wires and too unreliable. I switched to plx and was very impressed by the simplicity. If you want an lc-1, I'll sell you my old one for $25. It needs a new sensor that can be had on Amazon for less than $50.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:09:23 AM by bspec »
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline Kenny McKee

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »
Bspec, contact Arani Rey (Alex Hrdy). I know he's in the market for a Wideband.