Author Topic: Car is back where it belongs!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline M00gchoones

• Novice
Car is back where it belongs!
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
So, I got my WRX back from Heartland and felt an update is due... Overall I am happy with the work that was done. Many areas were heavily dented by that awesome hail storm we had a few months back so Cory had his work cut out for him.

The good: The whole car was fixed using PDR so no body panels were replaced or painted which was my original hope so kudos there. Cory even debadged it for me while it was there although I could have just done it myself... nice of him to do regardless. Cory handled everything with the insurance company so I didn't have to mess with them. Lastly the car was done pretty fast so I didn't have to suffer the rental very long.

The bad: Got the car back and hit the road and noticed a fast left blinker. Pulled over and noticed left headlight out which turned out to be the cable not hooked back up to the housing... no biggie just plugged it back in and resumed my drive. Cory seems to have a lot going on at once and could probably use an assistant. Thought it was a bit strange that he told me his shop might need to close due to some issues... good guy though so I hope that doesn't happen. Lastly I mentioned some various small scratches on one of the doors which I was told are attributed to fingernails opening the door... only issue is they were over 6 inches away from the handle and I bite my nails in habit, but whatever... nothing I can't buff out.

I might mention in closing that Cory is a good dude and when I forgot the second check he still let me take the car home and bring it to him the next day which he didn't have to do.
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed through a tube" - Casey Neistat

Offline supra-subee

• Sponsors
Re: Car is back where it belongs!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
Just wanted to point out a couple things real quick. 

Cory asked me to help him with the disassembly of your car, since he had a very small window with which to get the car done and back to you as fast as he did.  If you would have seen the car all apart, you would probably be shaking my hand right now that only the headlight was unplugged.  Im pretty meticulous about that stuff, which suprised me when he told me that.  So the headlight was my fault, not corys. 

Secondly, his dent shop is not closing down, the speed shop is closing down, or being bought out, only time will tell.  So there should be no issues with him being able to fix everyones dent repair problems moving forward. 

The car turned out amazing for the amount of damage that was done, Im hoping my car turns out just as well when we finally get time to do it.

famous last words \"watch, i'm gonna grab 2nd gear (bang, clink clink clink), what was that???\"