Author Topic: car seat  (Read 874 times)

Offline zombiez07

car seat
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
ok, i'm lost, cant seem to find reliable info. don't want to play the ship-return-ship-return game either.  does anyone have personal experience with convertible child car seats in an 04 wrx and have any recommendations?

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
Re: car seat
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
My 08 Legacy probably has a bit more room than your WRX, and my front seat passenger seat is pretty far forward with my Maxi Cosi rear facing. The seat is highly rated for safety and is good for 5-70 lbs, but it is a big seat when rear facing. I can sit in the passenger seat, but my knees hit the dash. I wouldn't be comfortable driving with the seat in the middle because I'd have to move my seat too far forward.

You'd be better served with a dedicated seat. There are also several car seat threads on nasioc that were helpful when I was looking.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
We have always done well with Safety 1st seats in the subies.

Offline zombiez07

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
turns out my gf has a hookup for new Britax seats at wholesale.  got an onyx boulevard to match the interior, hopefully it fits.  was going to go with the safety first until this deal came up, and may still if it doesn't.

Offline Bogey

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
Yeah, wholesale is definitely a bonus.  Just make sure that you research whichever seat you decide to purchase for user safety reviews.  I didnt look up your choice, I just though that I would throw that in there :)