Author Topic: Best in town!  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
Best in town!
« on: July 22, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »
Mechanics are a dime a dozen, Honest, dependable and trustworthy mechanics are worth their weight in gold and every penny you spend at their shop. RG is the only place I'll take my cars, I've even convinced my boss to send his vehicles there and am working on my neighbors. Big shout out to everyone at Russ', and thanks for always taking time out to explain things, even if I have no clue what you are talking about. Thanks for doing last minute repairs and for always being willing to answer all my questions. I feel like a pimp, telling everyone I know to try RG but when you find a great thing you pass it along. I've met other Subie owners who just use the dealership and I tell them they are missing out.

I may not know a lot about subies but I know a great shop when I see one, if you haven't tried this place you're missing out. Like it has been said already, I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!  :subaru:
“What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How’d you do that? Heck, I’m not even mad; that’s amazing.” — Ron Burgundy

Offline copenhagen6123

• On the quest for 300
Re: Best in town!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
Pimpin your own shop through a fake account. Who the #### is going to listen to a kid with 12 posts.

Offline EmJay@RG

• the RG
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Mr-T, thank you for the kind review. We love what we do and we love Subarus.

Copenhagen6123? What? You only have 10 posts. We don't need to do any such thing to "pimp" our shop and if you really think that, you have obviously never met us.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »
We don't need to do any such thing to "pimp" our shop and if you really think that, you have obviously never met us.

QFT

Offline scby_snk

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »
Pimpin your own shop through a fake account. Who the #### is going to listen to a kid with 12 posts.

I honestly do not think I could have said this better myself.
WRX Limited on e85 and a loud transmission

jaz Tuning

Offline EmJay@RG

• the RG
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 07:12:43 PM »
Really Mike? Really? Nice. Go spread your negativity elsewhere. Don't need it here.

Offline scby_snk

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »
I was referencing the twelve whole posts.

Nobody knows who he is.

jaz Tuning

Offline EmJay@RG

• the RG
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »
I know who he is. 
The first respondent who's snark you reposted has only 10. Your argument is invalid.

Offline scby_snk

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
I would like to point out that i know the person i quoted very well
and that we have the same sentiments.

jaz Tuning

Offline EmJay@RG

• the RG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »
I would like to point out that "Nobody knows who he is" over here and your argument is still invalid.
Again, please take your negativity elsewhere.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
I know Ken.

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 09:40:12 PM »
First off I'm a bit irritated that because I only have 10 post I am considered unable to rant about a shop I found to be the best value in town. Second off it was my impression that this was a community that welcomed everyone, not just those they know. Thirdly I'd like to point out that I, like most others here, am very busy and unable to post daily, plus most would get sick of that. I could go on and on but I'll be honest and say it was my intention to try to go to the ice cream social to meet some of you enthusiast but if this is the greeting one gets for being a "newbie", I'll save my time and meet people at RG or around town.

Better yet, wanna know I'm not Russ or EmJay, feel free to pm me and I can set up a meeting so u can see for yourself I have a few days off due to a surgery so I can meet anywhere or any time and you can see I'm real, apologize buy me a drink and we can be done with this bs. I live in midtown so we can meet at a QT on saddle creek, Kwik trip on cass and 76 th. u make the call unless you concede I'm real and take ur foot outta your mouth.

To all the other welcoming members, I apologize but I'm kinda upset someone would do this in what is suppose to be a friendly community. I am not afraid to stand up for myself or my post. The reply that was given was assuming and unnecessary.
“What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How’d you do that? Heck, I’m not even mad; that’s amazing.” — Ron Burgundy

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »
Maybe I should have listed each point individually to obtain more posts, as that qualifies one to have a valid opinion

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »
One other thing I'd like to point out is that while I may not have tons of post, I eagerly read others post when time allows and have already learned so much. And at one point, every member here that is active, whether daily or monthly, had 12 posts. But I guess my # has just grown so I'm becoming more and more qualified.

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »
Copenhagen I'm 34, far from a "kid" as you referred to me, post #15

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 09:56:44 PM »
Welcome to the Interwebz.  Don't let it get you upset as there really is no reason to be upset.  Many of us here do know Ken, however, he is free to speak his mind like any of us (unless you're Mike and delete his post repeatedly...  As a previous customer).  Some share your rave (not rant) about RG, some do not. 

Offline EmJay@RG

• the RG
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 09:58:16 PM »
This is the most activity our forum has seen in a long time.
Mr-T, you rock!

Offline scby_snk

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »
There's been some informative threads recently but most posts are deleted
or threads or are just closed it seems.

The tragic world of the web I guess.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:04:25 PM by scby_snk »

jaz Tuning

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »
I stand corrected on rave not rant

And I understand some may prefer one one shop to another but I was under the impression I was free to say what I wanted without criticism. I understand a difference of opinions but the accusation was not needed. I like the color blue, you like red, great no need to say I think blue is not a real color because I don't know you. It's an opinion, that's it. And if it wasn't for RG I wouldn't know anything about this forum. Like I said I'm sorry I got upset but its not in my personality to cower when confronted with false accusations, which is exactly what was being done. I'm a nice guy that loves cars, I'm car dumb, but I love to drive crazy. This place is my learning center, kinda like Sesame Street for subies. I don't need Oscar raining on my parade.

I'm done with it, but its no way to act toward people you don't know.

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
Thanks EmJay, and I do appreciate everything you guys do.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 10:13:14 PM »
Be sure to utilize NASIOC or any board dedicated to your car before doing anything to your car.  It could save you or your car and lots of money in the end.  Do not rely on one source!

Offline scby_snk

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
Also re research things that you read, there is a gross
Amount of irrelevant and even bad information. So check a lot of sources out ;)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:18:16 PM by scby_snk »

jaz Tuning

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 10:28:22 PM »
Thanks for the advise, noted. I did join the national club as well and frequent that, no more than 2 post there tho, lol.  I do appreciate it guys, best car I've owned and if my family wasn't so big I'd own 2.

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 10:16:30 AM »
Mr-T for resources specific to your chassis, I'd recommend you check out the Subaru Legacy International forums (sl-i.net). Good info on there for the 2nd generation Legacy.

Offline Mr-T

• Novice
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 10:47:14 AM »
Omaha subaru that's a great resource, thanks. I'm home for a few days due to a hernia repair and I may have found a new site to creep. Thanks again. You guys make me wanna hurry up win the lotto and have sum fun converting my sus to a rally car. Unfortunately I have kids who like to eat so I can only live vicariously through these sites.