Author Topic: Fuel Lines - 03 wrx (cuz they wouldn't warranty it)  (Read 873 times)

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
Fuel Lines - 03 wrx (cuz they wouldn't warranty it)
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
So, a few months back I called in and tried to get SofA to fix my fuel smell. They said no and then said "If its leaking fuel though, you shouldn't be driving it... "  :unsure:

ANYWAY, moving forward, I finally have some time and money and want to replace the fuel lines under the manifold. My questions are as follows:

1) Can I buy standard rubber fuel lines from AutoPart Store Co. (you choose which) ?

2) Can anyone point me to a link that has a list of gaskets I will need?

3) Any other mods I should do while I'm in there? I don't want to do TGV's because I simply want to drive the car without leaking, not mod it to a point where it needs to be tuned. I don't have that much time and money.  :( (darn wedding)

Thanks for any helpful comments.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
Re: Fuel Lines - 03 wrx (cuz they wouldn't warranty it)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »
I wouldn't recommend replacing the hard lines with rubber. I don't know about the 03 WRX, but my 08 Legacy (also top feed) had the hard lines under the manifold integrated with the fuel rails, so you'd be looking at replacing the whole unit. If you want to do rails, Perrin has an all in one kit. Some people like it, some don't. If not replacing the hard lines and just replacing the rubber and connectors, you should be fine picking up at most parts stores. They'll sell you SAE size, but you can find it close enough to metric.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline onemanzu

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
I think the fault on mine is the rubber lines that connect left and right fuel rails are old and have bad clamps on them.

When I did take it to the dealer when they told me no they said, "We can take the manifold off and tighten things up for about $200"

Offline slowjoe02

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
one of the most common problem with these cars. there are three 1" 1/2 fuel lines and one 2" fuel line underneath your intake.. iv always just replaced them four with regular fuel hose and little hose claps. don't get the junk "fuel clamps" from the parts store....