Author Topic: Bosh Wideband o2 sensor? vs Oem Denso o2 Sensor?  (Read 1743 times)

Offline FantaSTIc_04

• Novice
  • 2004 Blue WRX Sti
Bosh Wideband o2 sensor? vs Oem Denso o2 Sensor?
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:09:23 AM »
I have a 04 Sti with stage 2 tune.

Does anybody have any good, or bad experiences with these two different brand of sensor before????????

I just want to know the pros and cons between the two sensor. Would my car run better with the Bosh Wideband o2 sensor or the OEM Denso o2 sensor.

Please explain. I really need some good opinions!!!! :D

-Tuoi

1990 300zx Sold
2004 WRX Sti
2005 Rx300 Sold

Offline Arani Rey

Re: Bosh Wideband o2 sensor? vs Oem Denso o2 Sensor?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:54:02 AM »
I have a 04 Sti with stage 2 tune.

Does anybody have any good, or bad experiences with these two different brand of sensor before????????

I just want to know the pros and cons between the two sensor. Would my car run better with the Bosh Wideband o2 sensor or the OEM Denso o2 sensor.

Please explain. I really need some good opinions!!!! :D

AFAIK you cannot replace your stock O2 sensor with a wideband. The stock narrow band sensor outputs from 0-1 volt, but a wideband will output from 0-5 volts. Since the ecu is only programmed to read up to 1 volt I would assume that it would always be reading extremely rich. A wideband is a good thing to have though on any tuned car. You could get an aem or innovate wideband controller and have an extra O2 sensor bung welded to the down pipe somewhere accessible.

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
On some Subarus, the front O2 is wideband. It just isn't allowed to read as a wideband due to software and physics. Some have run the front O2 as a wideband post-turbo, but that isn't a beginner mod.

If you need to replace your front O2, replace it with OEM. You can find better deals at the parts stores, but they often have the wrong part number (I was sold one for the 06 Legacy that did not work with my 08 and didn't find out till I had things taken apart).

The rear O2 is narrowband. Are you asking about adding a wideband for tuning purposes?
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »
On some Subarus, the front O2 is wideband. It just isn't allowed to read as a wideband due to software and physics. Some have run the front O2 as a wideband post-turbo, but that isn't a beginner mod.

If you need to replace your front O2, replace it with OEM. You can find better deals at the parts stores, but they often have the wrong part number (I was sold one for the 06 Legacy that did not work with my 08 and didn't find out till I had things taken apart).

The rear O2 is narrowband. Are you asking about adding a wideband for tuning purposes?

Good call! I did some research and found the front sensor reads roughly from 2-4volts usable range. The pre-turbo exhaust has additional pressure though and will cause incorrect readings on an aftermarket wideband which is why they are usually placed on the downpipe. Moving to the stock o2 behind the turbo would be a lot of sensor scaling work

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:49:47 AM »
Stock is a WBO2...  O2 sensors do not read accruately under high pressure found prior to the turbine. 

Replace with stock.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:10 AM »