Author Topic: 2014 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood  (Read 2042 times)

Offline boomer6

• Webmaster
  • admin
    • GotCone?
2014 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood
« on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »
Anyone else going to be down at Rally America 100 Acre Wood this weekend?  I will be down there taking pictures again.  Should be a great event with Travis Pastrana returning in a factory Subaru.  Will be interesting to see  if he can keep up with the pace that Higgins, L'Estage and Block have been running.  Oh and the jump!

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: 2014 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »
Pastrana should also be driving the new 2015 WRX STI for the event.  From what I've been reading, it will be a learning season for Pastrana. New co-driver. Faster cars. Stiffer competition.  He missed Sno* Drift this year, which also decreases his shot at taking the championship this year.  He said "it will take some time adjusting to my new co-driver, Chrissie Beavis, and for her to adjust to me. The new speeds of these Subarus will mean that I will have to do more then knock the rust off. I will have to improve if I want to keep up. The team is hoping that I can keep the car on the road, log the miles and be competitive by the end of the year. It won't be easy."

Wish I could go this year!  Maybe next year!

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
yeah i wish i was going. trip sounds fun. take good pictures for the rest of us.
you really should. it sounds better than two V8s having sex with a blowoff valve while a v12 tapes the whole thing.

Offline boomer6

• Webmaster
  • admin
    • GotCone?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:53:17 AM »
Rally was a lot of fun as always, made it to 4 stages on Friday and 2 on Saturday.  Unfortunately I didn't make it to the Cattle Guard jump this year, got there just a few minutes too late, but I did make it to this amazing water crossing.

Check out more photos in the 2014 100 Acre Wood Rally Photo Gallery

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »
Haha awesome!  I've seen a lot of "Rain Delay" comments about the Daytona 500 with photos from this crossing at the 100AW.  Those are some really excellent shots!  Really like the few that have the water jetting up through the hood vents, too.

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
DAAAAAAAMN that's a lot of pictures. i'm tired and don't think i made it threw half them. 

awesome snaps man.
you really should. it sounds better than two V8s having sex with a blowoff valve while a v12 tapes the whole thing.