Author Topic: Admitting defeat: Want to earn some cash helping clean up the mess from a swap?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Double0-12

• Novice
So, my turbo / IC swap is taking me waaaay too long and I'm getting frustrated which is just going to lead to stuff getting messed up.  I'm willing to pay someone to come over and help me put my mess back together.  RG has a 5 week wait to get in, and my car would need to be towed anyway.  Situation:

'04 Forester XT
Swapping to a VF 48 (already installed), with an '08 sti IC (the ac line is already bent out of the way), and a silicone turbo inlet.  I believe I have all the parts (correct recirc hose, bov with elbow, etc.).  The turbo is on, but the inlet and recirculation hose are driving me nuts and I have a mess under the hood.  It's really not that bad, I just want to be DONE.  I'm ordering a replacement inlet because I "trimmed" the old one before I decided to take the intake manifold off.

I have all the tools needed for the job.  The car is in the garage waiting to be finished, but I need some help.  If you think you can help me out and we can agree on a price, this weekend would be best.  The wife and kids are going out of town and I've got the time.  I'm thinking Friday night, and/or any time Saturday.  PM or reply to this thread if you're up for it.  Really, it's just putting it back together.  The only requirement is that you are better at this than I am.  One monkey f'ing a football is enough.

Offline Arani Rey

So the intake manifold is off now? Can't say I've ever swapped a Forester turbo before, but I did replace the inlet on an 04 STi with the intake still on... that sucked. Anyway, I'd be willing to lend what help I can give Monday night if you're still fighting with it.

Offline Double0-12

• Novice
Thanks for the reply!  The turbo is on, the intake manifold is off.  Hose and wire routing/connections are what's really frustrating.  There's no difference that I know of because this is a Forester.  It's an EJ25 with all the same parts as a 2.5 Wrx/sti.  I'll take your hand Monday if I still need it, but hopefully someone is available before then.  Thanks again!

Offline Double0-12

• Novice
Also, if proximity is a factor, I live near 132nd & Blondo.

Offline Arani Rey

Also, if proximity is a factor, I live near 132nd & Blondo.

I'm on 156th and Maple, I hope you find someone to help you this weekend! I'm still standing by for Monday though. You might be able to find someone via the Facebook group too (although you may just get flamed).

Offline Double0-12

• Novice
Thanks for the suggestion, but I got rid of my FB account years ago. I'm a teacher and don't want my students or their parents in my business.

Offline Double0-12

• Novice
Wel, I decided to remove the tgv's so the car is still torn apart and unfortunately I don't think I'll have time until next weekend to work on it.