Author Topic: Mandatory ASE shop recommendation,  (Read 736 times)

Offline 7point62fmj

Mandatory ASE shop recommendation,
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:52 AM »

Well here is the scoop we outgrew our wrx and then took in a 16 year old from a tough back ground.
We had to get a car that would haul 7 people ez. Looked at Tribeca’s but the gas mileage and ergo were awful. So (I even hate the fact I am typing this) we had to get a ford. Had, as in there was no one else for the most part offering a awd car that would seat 7 and still get 23ish mpg.
To make a long story short –one of the conditions to keeping the life time warranty on the power train of this used car is that all the work and maintenance has to be done by an ASE certified shop. I feel that this may cost me more than save me in the long run..I guess we will see in 200K miles how that works out.
Now this is where I need your help. I have never been to a Mechanics shop for the most part, I have 3 tractors 3 Subarus and a truck and a motorcycle. I have always done most of my work. The two nearest ASE shop according to ASE are Sparks car care and Steve's Service off of blondo. If you have any advice as to which of the two I should use I would appreciate it! Thanks
The beauty of  all wheel drive! NOW !milk powered
Screw Boost!!
Got Milk???
04 wrx cobb II (my wifes battering ram-2 deer and one ladder) 
82 lifted brat
87 lifted gl

Offline TeknoCop

• Elite Member
Re: Mandatory ASE shop recommendation,
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »
What about Ron's Garage?  I believe they are ASE certified too.

Offline 7point62fmj

The beauty of  all wheel drive! NOW !milk powered
Screw Boost!!
Got Milk???
04 wrx cobb II (my wifes battering ram-2 deer and one ladder) 
82 lifted brat
87 lifted gl

Offline Xafen

Re: Mandatory ASE shop recommendation,
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 03:36:47 PM »
Ron's Garage says on their website they're ASE certified. I would bet there's a lot more ASE certified shops out there, but they probably have to pay/setup their listing on the ASE website.