Author Topic: HELP! Need Good Subie Mechanic in Omaha!  (Read 948 times)

Offline MikiB

HELP! Need Good Subie Mechanic in Omaha!
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
HELP! First off, I only know what I have to know about cars, and second, I'm new here in NE, and I don't know anyone who can recommend a mechanic who isn't corporate. I want a small business that knows their stuff when it comes to Japanese cars.

Sob Story:
I took my '05 Outback to Midas on Dodge for a scheduled oil change. It was running beautifully, but then it came back to me and within in a week I had an oil leak, so I took it back, they said that my oil plug was old... Ok. Well, it wasn't old a week ago!? They fixed it, brought it back to me, and as soon as I got in my car, my CEL was on?! What kind of mechanic RETURNS a car with the CEL on?!?!??! Stupid ones. Anyway, I brought it back in and after working on it for an hour they said their diagnostic system told them that my 3rd cylinder is misfiring and that it's completely unrelated to anything they did, and it was going to cost me $90 for them to continue diagnosing the problem plus any additional repair costs.

Now my car is like rumbling around while it's idling and stalling while I'm moving, and I will NOT take it back to them. I need someone who knows what they're doing. Preferably, someone east of like 80th.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:51:32 AM by MikiB »

Offline Kingbuttmonkey

• Novice
Re: HELP! Need Good Subie Mechanic in Omaha!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:14:35 AM »
RG (Russ Garage) is a Subaru shop near Keystone and Maple. Good people. They are on here, call them up.

Offline MikiB

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:35:41 PM »
Thank you!

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 10:22:01 PM »
2nd Russ's Garage
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com