Author Topic: Find The Line track day at MAM  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Arani Rey

Find The Line track day at MAM
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
Been thinking about doing a FTL track day at MAM on Sunday the 28th. Is anyone else interested in going as a group? I know Christian Correa expressed some interest already.
This is only if the weather is looking good, if not there is another open weekend on October 12th.

Doesn't say on there if a track licence is required or not.. but I would assume that it is. Cost is $150 for the day. You need to have long sleeves and pants with an SA2005 or better helmet; AFAIK they do not allow M2005 helmets, but I think they have loaners.

http://www.findtheline.com/

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
Re: Find The Line track day at MAM
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:51:21 AM »
I may do this.  I'm going to do half of the day today for Fast Friday and as long as the wife does not oppose, I am down for this event.

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
I may do this.  I'm going to do half of the day today for Fast Friday and as long as the wife does not oppose, I am down for this event.

Sweet, hope it went well today! I haven't signed up yet since I am trying to hold out and see the forecast. My tires are getting too bald to be safe in wet conditions.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »
Today was fun.  I am feeling out the new suspension setup and think I might adjust the sway bar up front a to a stiffer setting.  I saw your car at the drag strip, but I didn't see you.  I couldn't launch or shift worth a crap.  I was hoping to get into the 7's with my current break-in tune, but had to settle for an 8.0. 

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »
You know, I am registered for an AutoX at MAM on the 28th... I wonder how that is going to work?  Looks like FTL is also on Saturday. I may sign up for that.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 08:59:40 AM »
For those interested, the FTL event will be on the 27th (Saturday) and SCCA AutoX will take place on the 28th at MAM.  Alex and I had a pain of a time trying to figure out that MAM was double-booked for Sunday

The next FTL event will be on the 11th, which I will be at and I believe a few from Des Moines will be out as well.