Author Topic: Sno*Drift Rally - 2015  (Read 803 times)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Sno*Drift Rally - 2015
« on: January 16, 2015, 11:12:33 PM »
We're a couple of weeks away from the Sno*Drift Rally that starts off the 2015 Rally America National Championship.   The rally will feature about 20 stages that run a total distance of 130 miles over public roads covered in snow and ice.  It's a frigid way to start the season, but it's also where we get our first glimpse of major competitors for the rest of the season. 

This rally will also likely show off the new workhorse of Subaru Rally Team USA: the 4th Generation 2015 WRX STI.  The Subaru Canada team has already started rallying with this design.  They've already managed to make it to the podium at the second half of the 2014 season.  Additionally, SRT USA has been using the new 2015 WRX STI as a Recce car feeling out the changes in the car and preparing for improvements. 

I'm personally looking forward to seeing how the competition stacks up.  David Higgins and Craig Drew will be defending their string of championships.  Travis Pastrana and Chrissie Beavis will continue to make quick progress and battle their teammates.  FY Racing proved to be more than just a contender with their success last season along with a slew of other talented privateer teams.  Sno*Drift is always a challenge to start the season off with, so it should be exciting to see how things go.  It could set the pace for the rest of the season!

Offline jlangholzj

• '14 DGM 5-door
Re: Sno*Drift Rally - 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:35:22 AM »
I've been following FY and they're definitely gearing up for this one. Combine that with Higgins, and pastrana's recent "getting back in the groove" and this should be shaping up for an exciting stage.

Offline rallyfan555

• 2001 2.5rs sedan Black Diamond Pearl
    • MyLifeAtSpeed.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
I am most excited about Chris Duplessis and the Nameless Rally Team this year.  That GT86 that they are running is far from stock.  The 2wd class should be as fun to watch as the open class!   Not to mention Brakim Racing is going to be fielding a Lamborghini Gallardo towards the second half of the season.
*2001 2.5rs sedan Black Diamond Pearl
*2001 Outback H6 LL Bean Edition
*1999 Legacy Outback Black Diamond Pearl- Sold
*2003 WRX sedan World Rally Blue-Sold
*1999 2.5rs coupe Rally Blue Pearl - Sold

Offline WheelGap

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
My Rally-America Evo gets its prep on at Russ's Garage!

@SPEvo112 | spevo112.tumblr.com