Author Topic: looking for a local tuner  (Read 922 times)

Offline jared427

looking for a local tuner
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:58:23 PM »
I have a 2005 baja that I did a bunch of upgrades to and now need a tune. It cuts fuel at 4000 rpm right now. Here's a list of the upgrades:

Tgv delete
td06 20g Kinuguana turbo
3" APS hard inlet
Perrin uppipe
Perrin tmic
DW 740 cc injectors
Walbro 342 fuel pump
APS 3" turbo back exhaust

I also have a GS 3 port boost controller and an APS 70mm cai that I haven't installed yet.

I did buy a Tactrix 2.0 cable and have a dedicated laptop with Rom raider and ecu flash on it. So far the only thing that I have done is delete the tgv and egt cel's. I'm just not real sure on what to change for the tune. I plan on eventually having it dyno tuned, but from what i have heard the closest place is in KC or Des Moines.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
Re: looking for a local tuner
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:03:42 PM »
I'm generally very reluctant to do anything with DW injectors, but send me a PM and I can get you you going.

Offline jared427

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
Hey jaz I tried to pm you but it said that my pm to you is blocked. Here's my cell 402-202-9017 you can call or text me.

Offline joeleodee

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
Oh, this vehicle is right up my alley.  I'd volunteer to tune this for free, but I'm no professional.  Good luck. if you want some numbers to start with, jaz, let me know.  I've actually got some good tables to start with from helping my buddy tune his Legacy with a 20g turbo and DW740 injectors.

What tune is it running now?  And if there is no tune other than stock, stay out of it.  Not worth screwing up something.

Offline jaz

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:13:48 AM »
Jared, I sent you a text. A little late in the day, but I'm a night owl.