Author Topic: 2016 NRSCCA Rallycross  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
2016 NRSCCA Rallycross
« on: January 26, 2016, 10:42:56 AM »
Hey everyone!  2015 was a lot of fun for Rallycross, especially for Subaru owners.  Lots of NSOC members made it out to race against the clock in the dirt last season and I'm hoping we can have an even BETTER time this year with it.

2016 Nebraska Region SCCA Rallycross Schedule as of 1/29/16 (Subject to change)
  • February 28th - Rallycross Points #1
  • March 13th - Rallycross Points #2
  • April 16th & 17th - Rallycross Super Weekend (Points #3)
  • June 26th - Rallycross Points #4
  • July 17th - Rallycross Points #5
  • August 6th & 7th - National Challenge (Colorado)
  • September 18th - Rallycross Points#6
  • October 16th - Rallycross Points #7 (Final)

There's a few things special about this year's Rallycross schedule.  The first should be obvious: a 7th event has been added to the schedule.  The '14 and '15 schedules ran 6 events before (one was cancelled in 2015), so now there's more opportunities to race.  Additionally, there's a Super Weekend with a Rallycross School on Saturday followed by the Points event the following Sunday in April.  This is a great opportunity for new drivers to get into the sport and get some great experience from veteran drivers. 

You'll also notice that there isn't a massive gap in the middle of the season.  Unlike last year, Rallycross events will go strong through the summer and into the fall.  The Nebraska Region SCCA is facing a very busy season not just with Rallycross, but with Solo and Racing events through the entire year.  In order to continue to have successful events, the NRSCCA needs everyone's help in volunteering to help run smooth events.  Whether you're a veteran of the sport or brand-new out-of-the-box to this, there's things you can do to help.  Mark these dates on your calendar, take advantage of the great opportunities this season, and lend a hand making 2016 a great year for our Rallycross program!

::steps off soap box::

As I mentioned before, we had a lot of Subies show up throughout the 2015 season and I'd like to see that continue and grow for this year.  It's always more fun with more people, so if you're planning on attending an event, bring some friends along.  Invite some drivers or share the wheel with a friend.  Especially for those who have never attended an event, having exposure to the sport just by riding shotgun or spectating can get that dirt running through their veins and get 'em hooked.  If you're building your rallycross car and need help, I know there's folks willing to help (raises hand) to get your machine ready.

So who's in? :subaru:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:11:04 AM by Reverend »

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
Re: 2016 NRSCCA Rallycross
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:50:54 AM »
Will see you at most all of these!!  Going to miss the March event due to 100AW, sadly, but should be able to get to the rest. 

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
Actually I'd like to see about changing the date for that one.  A lot of Rallycross regulars will be attending the 100AW Rally, so if the NRSCCA schedule permits it, I'd move it to the 27th (week after).  I'm going to the BoG meeting this Thursday to check things out.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:38 AM »
Oooh!  Good deal, fingers crossed that they might have another option for that event.

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »
And, as my first act as NRSCCA Rallycross Chairman today, I moved the March event to the 13th so it won't conflict with the 100AW!  Yay!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:10:37 AM by Reverend »

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:37:58 AM »
Woohoo!  Well played, Chairman!

Offline rallyfan555

• 2001 2.5rs sedan Black Diamond Pearl
    • MyLifeAtSpeed.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 11:56:34 AM »
I'm so glad that we have someone on the rallycross board that is looking to make sure we don't have conflicting events of interest.  I know in the past that has been an issue.  I am hoping that in a couple months I will have my OWN car to rallycross again.  :)
*2001 2.5rs sedan Black Diamond Pearl
*2001 Outback H6 LL Bean Edition
*1999 Legacy Outback Black Diamond Pearl- Sold
*2003 WRX sedan World Rally Blue-Sold
*1999 2.5rs coupe Rally Blue Pearl - Sold

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
Trying to resist every urge to "loan out" the RS at rallycross and take the STI for a spin.  LOL

But seriously, I'm really stoked to be involved with this.  Kinda slightly still worried since I've never done this before, but Ducharme has me under his wing for the paperwork stuff that I'm clueless about.  Just gotta promote promote promote!!

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 07:21:01 PM »
You know I got you covered for this first event if you want to do that, haha.

And you'll be fine, man, you're a natural fit!

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »
If you haven't already, sign up for the 1st Rallycross of the season!  Tomorrow's weather is going to be absolutely WONDERFUL for this event, so dust OFF your driving skills and get some dust ON your car!

http://nrscca.com/events.php?id=368

The entry list is growing quickly, but we could always use more Subarus ;)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:02:45 AM »
Well THAT was fun!  First event was pretty awesome with nearly 30 competitors and some close racing!  1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th places were only separated by a second, so it was neck-and-neck for much of the day.

I'd like to thank Mr. Aki for once again proving that my car is capable of MUCH more!  He beat out EVOs and WRX STIs through the day in my little N/A Impreza.  Had a lot of fun and learned a lot from him!

Now that the dust has settled (literally), it's already time for the next one!  It'll be on March 13th.  Who's in?

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
Thank YOU, Mike! 

Was great fun and I'm in for another round if you've got a seat open!  ;)