Author Topic: Note on my car. Also, new guy checking in here.  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Burdian

Note on my car. Also, new guy checking in here.
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:09:30 AM »
Someone left a note on my car at the gym tonight saying I should check you guys out on Facebook.  I don't do the facebook thing anymore so I googled and found this forum. 

Little about me.  33, first subi (finally... I've wanted one since the RS), Interested in tracking it at some point.  Used to race MX and still have the itch to get back into some kind of motor sport.

'14 WRX Sedan

Offline Doomed

• admin
  • Elite Member
Re: Note on my car. Also, new guy checking in here.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:56:16 AM »
Hello,
Facebook is not my thing either.

Welcome aboard!
I like TALL Subarus.

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:03:56 AM »
Welcome!  Yeah the Facebook group is certainly more active, but there's still some old timey members lurking about the forums.  I've been meaning to talk with the webmaster and try to "revitalize" the forum and link it to the social media outlets that see more traffic.

Logistics aside, what's your first Subie?  Any pictures?  Mods?  Gooey Detals?

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »
Welcome!

If you're coming from MX, RX is pretty much the next closest 4-wheeled equivalent, first event of the season is later this month!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nrscca-rallycross-points-1-i-80-speedway-scca-nebraska-027892#.VsH9UPkrKUk

Offline Burdian

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 01:16:19 AM »
Welcome!  Yeah the Facebook group is certainly more active, but there's still some old timey members lurking about the forums.  I've been meaning to talk with the webmaster and try to "revitalize" the forum and link it to the social media outlets that see more traffic.

Logistics aside, what's your first Subie?  Any pictures?  Mods?  Gooey Detals?

I'm a forum guy as well.  lurked around last night, I work night shift so that's why I am replying now.  My 14' WRX is my first.  Just mapped Stage 1 91oct.  Going to put the cobb SF in this Wednesday when its warmer and map to 93 sf. EDIT- I'm also planning on going stage 2 with a turbo back invidia catless DP and N1 catback.  Also would like to put in an oil separator at that time as well. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:48:57 AM by Burdian »
'14 WRX Sedan

Offline Burdian

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 01:18:09 AM »
Welcome!

If you're coming from MX, RX is pretty much the next closest 4-wheeled equivalent, first event of the season is later this month!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nrscca-rallycross-points-1-i-80-speedway-scca-nebraska-027892#.VsH9UPkrKUk

I want to soooo bad... but my 14' is my daily and dont' want to start breaking **** on it... I'd love to though, and will at some point.
EDIT- I emailed these guys as a matter of fact and nobody ever got back to me.
Also... this post verification blows ### .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:50:13 AM by Burdian »
'14 WRX Sedan

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:17 AM »
When did you e-mail "these guys".  What did you need?  I'm sort of the 2016 NRSCCA Rallycross Chairman right now ;)

What post verification are you talking about?

Offline Burdian

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »
When did you e-mail "these guys".  What did you need?  I'm sort of the 2016 NRSCCA Rallycross Chairman right now ;)

I emailed the NRSCCA several months ago.  I just never got a reply back.  Was looking for information on the dirt stuff out there at i-80. 

What post verification are you talking about?

The human verification you have to fill out when posting/replying on this site.  Or at least I have to do it every time.  Annoying  :angry4:
'14 WRX Sedan

Offline ezekiel

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »
Welcome.
I'm old bawls too. Facebook steals lives.
you really should. it sounds better than two V8s having sex with a blowoff valve while a v12 tapes the whole thing.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
Welcome to the group!  The FB page seems to fill that instant gratification need, but it's not ideal for continuing discussion.
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
The human verification you have to fill out when posting/replying on this site.  Or at least I have to do it every time.  Annoying  :angry4:

Is your login email address confirmed? I don't think I've ever had the site prompt me to do that. Maybe Boomer can chime in with an answer on this.

Offline Burdian

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 01:55:22 AM »
Yeah, my email is confirmed.  I don't know why but it is still doing it.  Even for replies. pretty lame. 

I did however load up the cobb sf 1 93 map and man did my wrx wake up!  Can't wait to order my turbo back when I have the coin.   :subaru:
'14 WRX Sedan

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 08:04:35 AM »
Yeah, my email is confirmed.  I don't know why but it is still doing it.  Even for replies. pretty lame. 

I did however load up the cobb sf 1 93 map and man did my wrx wake up!  Can't wait to order my turbo back when I have the coin.   :subaru:

Oh man that's such a huge improvement. Is this your first turbo car?

I know the dollars add up quick, but after you get that turboback on I'd strongly consider getting a tune customized for your car by someone nearby like Jaz or BoostedPerformance. I did all of my mods before getting a good tune and I really wish I had done it the other way around. Having the tune revised several times still would have been cheaper than replacing headgaskets and studs from a lifted head.

Offline Burdian

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 03:12:12 AM »
Yes, this is my first turbo car.  I do plan on going and getting a tune when I go turbo back.  I want to go with a catless dp so I'm going to have to.  Just don't know if I should port my wastegate or to external.  I have plenty of time to decide/save my money though.  I do plan on going with a bigger turbo and all the expensive **** that comes with it down the road though, including internals.
'14 WRX Sedan

Offline bheinz57

• Elite Member
    • http://subaruoutback.org
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
Welcome to Subaru.

Enjoy!

Brian

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 06:39:19 AM »
Welcome!

I left Facebook about 2 months ago and currently don't plan to go back yet. Hoping to show up on this forum more now.