Author Topic: Hello! I'm new (Crazy right?)  (Read 787 times)

Offline CptSangHo

Hello! I'm new (Crazy right?)
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:30:41 AM »
Hi everyone! It's nice to finally join! I'm relatively new to the Omaha area, and I've been infatuated with my 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i since the day I got it. She's gunmetal grey and I love it to death. Super reliable vehicle. Where to start...

I joined this club because I wanted to find people who know a thing or two about cars, especially Subarus. I started really taking an interest in what my legacy is made of, ever since some mechanics at an unnamed shop in Omaha drained my transmission fluid on top of changing my oil *cough*. I'm basically here to meet enthusiasts, cool people, discuss things related to maintenance of a subaru, (particularly 5th gen legacy(ies?*), that includes outbacks, since they're practically the same car as far as I know), and hear everyone's favorite aspects of their vehicle. I know it kinda seems like a lot, but I'm excited to get to know you all! I look forward to meeting you all. Thank you!

Offline joeleodee

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
Re: Hello! I'm new (Crazy right?)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 04:46:34 PM »
Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, because of Facebook, these forums have decreased in traffic and activity.  I wish it weren't so, but whatever.

We still like to see pics of your car so post them up.  :subaru:

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:51:25 PM »
Welcome!

From Facebook to Forums, the real best way to get the fix you're looking for is to come to a meet!  There are weekly meetings every Wednesday and bigger events about every other month.

In the meantime, there's a bunch of build threads on here and great technical advice for Subarus (I'd imagine your 5th-Gen Legacy would apply to a lot of the general maintenance stuff most other Subarus have) and more daily activity on the Facebook page.  Don't let that discourage you from using the Forums, though.  There's a good handful of owners who are on here every day to answer questions and give advice.

Offline Doomed

• admin
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 09:23:52 AM »
Welcome and yes this is the place to be!  Lets see some pics!
I like TALL Subarus.

Offline CptSangHo

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »
Here she is! :)

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
Welcome, looks nice!