Author Topic: Hello, good to be back :)  (Read 602 times)

Offline ZETA

• スバルダイスキ
Hello, good to be back :)
« on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:11 AM »
A long time ago I used to work for Beardmore Subaru and enjoyed being a part of the Subaru family this way, but never actually owned one for various financial situations kept coming up.  Life is unpredictable, and in that unpredictability I made a 1AM run to a buddy's place when he listed his Forester and bought it right there.  So now I really am part of the Subaru family!  I'm so excited, it's a 1999 Forester, red with tan interior. 5-speed manual, I was surprised at how short the clutch travel is compared to the previous cars I've been daily driving lately.

But anyway, I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful enthusiast group.  I don't really intend to do modifications or anything for speed and performance, but there may be some adventurous roof racks or visual items installed later when the conditions are right.  I'm going to register for a "my 1st Subaru" badge soon!  Maybe some gravel cruises in the near future or just who knows, it's all an open door right now and I'm just so excited to be a part of all of this.

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: Hello, good to be back :)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:17:55 AM »
Welcome Zeta!  Nice to finally have you in the family.  I love those boxy 1st Generation Foresters.  Nice find!

Come to a meet sometime so we can check it out!

Offline ZETA

• スバルダイスキ
Re: Hello, good to be back :)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:43:27 PM »
Absolutely.  I was browsing through and it seems there's a pretty regular Wednesday night meet, I might try to go to that if I can. Otherwise I'll certainly make a family event out of a gravel cruise/snow meet.  I have a wife and two children now lol