Author Topic: Boxers @ Baxter (7-9-16)  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Boxers @ Baxter (7-9-16)
« on: May 28, 2016, 08:01:04 AM »
Last year Baxter Subaru hosted one of the largest Subaru meets Nebraska has ever seen.  With over 100 people and just shy of 90 cars, owners gathered for free food, prizes, and a fun atmosphere around the dealership.  Feedback from this event was incredibly positive and both the organizers and attendees were looking forward to the next one shortly after that event ended.  Well, it's time to up the ante!

July 9th, 2016
6pm-9pm @ Baxter Subaru

More food, more prizes, more cars, and it doesn't stop there!  Baxter Subaru has invited Subaru Rally Team USA's Show Car Program to this event to set up a Rally display trailer and a Vermont Sportscar prepared Rally Car.  Fans can check out the display and sit in the 2016 Subaru WRX STI Super Production Class car plus get great Subaru Rally Team USA gear and prizes!

The lot at Baxter Subaru is usually full of cars for sale, but for this event we're clearing the entire lot for owners to park their Subarus in line for a huge display of cars for everyone to check out!  We hope you'll make it to this event and show off your ride and take in everything the day has to offer.  More details will be posted as we approach the event date!

:subaru:

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
Re: Boxers @ Baxter (7-9-16)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 04:37:07 PM »
I am looking forward to this a lot. It has been TOO long since I've made it out to a big event like this. :subaru:

In honor of that, I'm going to put on a FORUM ONLY CONTEST:

Q1: Stage Rally Trivia : Who won the Rally in the 100 Acre woods in 2016 overall?
Prize: Subaru Rally Team USA hat

Q2: RallyCross Trivia : Where was the 1st SCCA RallyCross National Challenge/Championship held and what vehicle made the cover of the local tribune paper for the event insert?
Prize: RallyCross package (Subaru Fandana, Subaru Rally Team USA microfiber, & Subaru Rally Team USA hat)

Please quote the question above that you are going to answer in your reply. You can only win once. Prizes will be delivered at this event ONLY.

As the week continues, I may post more questions worthy for prizes.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:45:23 PM by omahasubaru »

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 06:19:22 AM »
well that was disappointing...

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »
I didn't post because I wasn't planning on attending. There is now a slight chance I'll be able to bring my son with me, so here goes:

1. Dave Higgins/Craig Drew - Subaru

2. Motorsports Park Hastings (MPH) - Hastings, Nebraska, October 14-16, 2005. This was before my time, and I'm getting a lot of 404 errors, but here's what I've come up with. The event was put on by George Andersen, and our own Jon Simmons was RallyX Chairman at the time of the event.

http://www.scca.com/articles/1997266-tbt-the-first-rallycross-national-championship
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835856
http://hastingstribune.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=34393969&event=1179105&CategoryID=66314&ShowTabs=1
http://nrsccahistory.com/archives/EN2000/2005/EN0511.pdf
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 05:05:38 AM »
bspec,
sorry to say that your answer for #1 is wrong.
and you only got part of #2 right.

but since you tried/replied, I will still have something for you if you make it out. ;)

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
Yeah... held off for the same reason.  I got home at 1am last night from thrashing all day on the engine/trans install up at the shop, likely won't make it up there again tonight (as the fun continues tomorrow again!). 

Hope people take lots of pics, I'll finally be in a Subaru again for the next event  ;)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 08:22:34 AM »
I think we need to revitalize the forum.  I was too busy the last week or so getting things together for the event to make my usual rounds, but in general we could get more traffic through here if we approached it right.

SO glad to see everyone out there!  Here's photos and video I got from the event.
Boxers @ Baxter

Offline Arani Rey

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 05:25:24 PM »
I held off also since I already get a good amount of gear. Someone else needs to win these prizes!

Q1: Stage Rally Trivia : Who won the Rally in the 100 Acre woods in 2016 overall?
Prize: Subaru Rally Team USA hat

Travis Pastrana / Christian Edstrom

Offline Justastockoutback

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 01:39:56 PM »
Yeah, Travis P.   Just watched that episode of launch control.   I also dont need the gear