Author Topic: New member, loving the vibe  (Read 451 times)

Offline TheGoodLife

New member, loving the vibe
« on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:39 PM »
Hey all, love the site. My family has always owned  :subaru: but my wife and I are looking at buying our first. We would like to get a new outback, either 2016 or 2017. Anyone have any thoughts as to improvements of the 17' over the 16'?

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: New member, loving the vibe
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 07:19:34 PM »
Welcome to the NSOC!  Glad to have you here!

As to your questions for Outbacks, the first thing I'd ask is if you're looking for buying a new model (as opposed to a used or "pre-owned" Outback).  The reason I ask is because, well, there isn't a dealership in the area with a new 2016 in stock.  The 2017 Outbacks were released over the summer so dealerships have had plenty of time to sell the remaining 2016 models.  You might be able to find a used 2016 model, but the price difference between new and barely used is usually negligible.

As for differences, there isn't much that has changed.  They've added a few extra options on top of existing offerings with the 2017 models.  High-Beam Assist, Rear Back-Up Assist, and the addition of the Touring-level Outback account for most of the changes.  On 2.5i and 2.5i Premium models, there weren't many changes.  Mostly changes and enhancements to the 2.5i Limited, 3.6R Limited, and the new Touring level above the Limited.

I'm an enthusiast, but I also work at Baxter Subaru so if you have more questions about them or want to check one out, just let me know.  I'm happy to help!

Offline TheGoodLife

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 06:17:14 AM »
Thanks  so much for the info. We went with a 2017 outback 2.5i. We love it...all 12 hours that we've had it.

Offline Topaz05

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »
Nice information you shared there Reverend. I too was looking into the possibility of buying a new model to replace my forester SUV.