Author Topic: RallyCross tires and other prep  (Read 277 times)

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
RallyCross tires and other prep
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »
Hey guys,

I know this is out of the norm, but I just wanted to toss this out there. I'm looking to place an order yet this week from...

JJC Race and Rally

Since shipping isn't always the best for smaller orders, I thought I'd extend the opportunity to this group if anyone may be interested in something from them to help combine shipping and put one order together. They have a ton of good stuff and good prices (aside from shipping). If you are interested, please drop me a note info@nebraska-subaru.com with the subject JJC Order and links to what you want and how you would pay (cash or paypal). No pressure and this is not an official group buy or anything, just offering to help out my local racers if I can.

Thanks - Jon
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:40:12 PM by omahasubaru »

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: RallyCross tires and other prep
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:16 PM »
I'm definitely looking for some new Rallycross tires this year.  My IndySport SGs are torn up, so I could use some fresh tires.  Need to get the other Rallycross guys on here, so I'll share this and get 'em in here to collaborate.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »
Mike, take a close look at what is offered on that site  ;)

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 06:52:50 PM »
I played with shipping and it didn't really seem to help a ton to get more tires overall, so I went ahead and ordered. Shipping isn't cheap, but it still ended up less for a set than most of the comparible options stateside. I'll gladly report back my experience with them and provide tire advice for others. I've done A TON of research in the past few weeks on this subject. Trying to find the right tire for midwest rallycross conditions.

For the record I ordered Maxsport RB1 Grass Tyres. It's the same tread as their RB1 gravel tire, but without the extra puncture resistant sidewall reinforcement.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:33:45 PM by omahasubaru »

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:34:19 PM »
So my next question is for you, El Presidente.  What are you planning on using these rallycross tires on?  Making a return to the NRSCCA?

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:20:35 PM »
Yes. Planning to run in MR this season.

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:08:44 AM »
Modified Rear?  With what car?

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:49 PM »
Old topic I know, but I just wanted to get this out in front of everyone for next season. I will likely be putting an order together for 4 more tires next spring. If anyone sees something they want for this company, let me know and we can work on combining shipping.