Author Topic: Saving Signatures  (Read 108 times)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Saving Signatures
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:30:11 AM »
Last year I had David Higgins and Craig Drew sign the dash trim piece of my STI.  They signed with a silver Sharpie pen and it's a glossy surface, so any cleaning product or even just a finger could wipe 'em away.  It keeps freaking me out every time I clean my interior.  Would a strip of clear vinyl (clear bra) or something like that be okay to protect these signatures?  There's also a "75" vinyl logo in the middle.  I've debated on changing that, but if I were to cover the signatures and want to remove the clear vinyl to change the center logo, could it damage or remove the signatures?

IMG_0935 by 86Reverend, on Flickr

Offline Arani Rey

Re: Saving Signatures
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:38:22 AM »
I would remove the 75 sticker and either clear coat or clear-bra it. Then reapply 75 on top of the clear.

The issue with both is that clear coat solvent could mess up the signature.. and clear bra goes on wet which could mess up the signature.  :sadbanana

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
Re: Saving Signatures
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
I didn't even think about the solvent being used to apply it messing something up.  Suppose I could test it out on something else, first.  Worst-case scenario, I mess it up and go see 'em at Ojibwe Forest Rally this summer and say "Hey uhhh, I botched that last one.  Could ya sign it again?"  ;D