Author Topic: New Years Resolutions  (Read 680 times)

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
New Years Resolutions
« on: January 01, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
New Years Resolutions typically involve promises for lame things like dieting, losing weight, and such.  Well, I figured I'd check and see what sort of New Years Resolutions you have that are car-related?  Or, in my case, Forum related.

On nearly every NSOC member's car, there's a website that directs people to our homepage: NEBRASKA-SUBARU.COM

This is great exposure for the group but when a new member logs in to see the forum, there's a buncha cobwebs.  Forums may be a "dying breed", but the big national forums continue to chug onwards.  We can keep things going if we just stay active and show our new members WHY forums are still important today.

We're sitting on an invaluable resource of local knowledge nearly 20 years in the making.  And given how many times we see a "what oil should I use?"and "When are meets?" question on Facebook, having someplace we can direct those questions is a lot easier than re-writing the same responses over and over.

My New Years Resolution for the Nebraska Subaru Owners Club is to not only keep my own stuff updated here, but to encourage others to visit more often and to use this awesome resource we have here.  It's less about driving traffic and more about helping people find the answers they seek through this forum.  I challenge those who are actively checking in on this forum to do the same!
 :subaru:

Offline D

• Novice
Re: New Years Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:46:15 PM »
I'll join!  This year, I'd finally like to put the vf30 and STI topmount on the Forester.  They've been sitting in my garage for roughly 6 years now.  I've got a couple of smaller rust spots I'll patch up, and other misc stuff. 

Offline Reverend

• Elite Member
  • Higgins Blue
    • All We'll Drive
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 02:56:48 PM »
If you don't want your rust spots to spread, I suggest tackling it in the winter before more ice and moisture get frozen in there.  I had rust on one of my older Imprezas and waited a year to work on it and it had spread quite a bit from having snow jammed in the rear quarters.

I think your Forester is overdue for that power bump!  Looking forward to it!

Offline D

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »
Very long overdue!  I need a bigger garage so I can work on the car, I'd love to tackle the rust sooner, rather than later.

Offline gritzcolin

• My music review site.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »
Tint my windows, I'd like to find a house first and see where that gets me financially but I wouldn't mind getting in to a CrossTrek.
2005 Outback XT

Offline christian

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 10:41:46 AM »
I miss the forums. Much better platforms than the rapid fire discussion board of Facebook group's. My goal this year is to get out to 4-6 track weekends and at least 2 autocrosses. Should make for plenty of fixing, changing, and updating in the process.

Oh yeah and maybe some Method 503 wheels to change things up a bit   :ph34r: