Author Topic: Props to RG yet again  (Read 567 times)

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
Props to RG yet again
« on: November 16, 2005, 08:05:47 AM »
Well. Russ spent some time last week working on a BOV adaptor for me so I could run a newer style TMIC on my older setup car. Turns out that the BOV adaptor was the least of my problems. He was going to sell me a BOV with the adaptor so I could get it all working. Part wouldn't work, so he didn't even charge me for it.

We notice a poor 'plug' job on one of the vaccum lines and Russ doesn't like the broken off bolt clamped in there, so he grabs a peice of aluminum, chucks it up in his lathe and makes me a plug in no time flat. Didn't even charge me for the plug.

Then I get home and start dealing with some vaccum issues. I forgot to hood up the MAP feed line before I left Russ's. In the midst of taking things on and off for the 3rd time (not realizing it was the PCV hose, thinking it was the BOV) messing with things (got home and tried to run my stock one fully ATMO, but it leaked), I broke the plastic nipple on my stock recirc BOV that gets the MAP fed in. So I call russ, he is willing to help me out. He does a quick modification to get the BOV to adapt to my stock hose setup and even makes up a return plug out of delrin super fast.

RUSS IS THE MAN and anyone who has delt with him before will agree. He goes above and beyond the call and is priced amazingly low.

Thanks again Russ. Car is running great. I'm adjusting to the BOV sound.

Offline solomrus

• Elite Member
  • 4tehfstr
    • russ' garage
Props to RG yet again
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 09:52:15 AM »
you are very welcome jon.

i appreciate the kind words very much.

i thought that you might. 8^) a jdm swap begs for a dump valve.

--r