Author Topic: SOLD! 98 Impreza STi swap  (Read 1063 times)

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
SOLD! 98 Impreza STi swap
« on: March 29, 2006, 08:03:02 AM »
Well, a certain car that I was thinking about after I sold my WRX wagon is re-entering my thoughts once again. The perfect example of what is my ideal version has come up for sale not too far from home. It has all the options I want (and some rare delete options) and  it's mileage and price range are in my ballpark too.

So... my swapped wagon is going up for sale to any local interested buyer.

Here is the apprasial I had done when I purchased the car 1998 Impreza Apprasial <-- This is a local Omaha based company

I will come back and update this post next week with a full list of every upgrade that has been done to the car.

The basics are that this is a 1998 Impreza outback sport, repainted all white. It has a version III STi drivetrain (engine, trans, diffs, etc.) with a USDM EJ257 (STi) short block. It is basically 8.7:1 compression and is running through a VF30 turbo. Exhaust on there now is scoobysport turboback with a highflow cat. I have TXS bits to go on it if buyer would prefer that over the SS. It runs off an Apexi Power FC stand alone EMS that was recently tuned by Jake @ Dieman Motorsports for 92 octane BP fuel. It's making right around 15psi of boost. Full boost comes in at 3k RPMs.

This car is very quick. The only time I've drag raced the car (I'm a novice that is for sure), I managed a 12.9 1/4 with a 1.8 60 ft at Scribner.

The interior consists of many JDM bits. Version V steering wheel, Version IV door cards and version III/IV seats. Rear is a split 60/40 full fold down STi seat as well.

I had the front end re-painted shortly after purchasing the car and I take great care of the paint. I has acquried a few rock chips this winter, but otherwise is in very good shape.

Car will be coming with true JDM gold wheels (actually imported, but are the same a MY98 RS wheels) with 205/55-16 Dunlop Wintersport M3 tires. Suspension was recently gone through (new struts) and cleaned and re-assembled with different spring rates. Handles amazingly and still rides quite decent.

More Pictures: My Gallery

I'm looking to get $14,250 O.B.O for the car. Not looking for trades at this time. I'm willing to work a bit on price for NSOC members if it can be a quick sale.

Thanks for the interest.

Offline dhrivnak

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »
Left message...  ;)

EDIT: I'm buying it as long as everything goes through, so everyone back off!  :nono:

:D  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:29:50 PM by dhrivnak »

Offline 99Impreza2.5RS

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 08:32:22 AM »
Lucky!! :headbang:  

Offline omahasubaru

• NSOC President
  • admin
  • Elite Member
    • Nebraska Subaru Owner's Club
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 05:36:45 AM »
SOLD. :clap: I'll be closing the deal with Dan on Friday.

I'm going to miss my 12 second STi wagon :cry:

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 07:26:41 PM »
I can't wait to see what you end up with.  I'm sure Dan will be happy with this car though.
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project