Author Topic: What class am I in? (Solo/AutoX edition)  (Read 19662 times)

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
Re: What class am I in? (Solo/AutoX edition)
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »
The new classes will add some confusion for selecting the best/right class.  If you're not sure I'd say just register for what you think might be the correct class then talk to someone when you get tech'd and/or confirm registration.
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline diesyl krysl

• Novice
  • Full Xposure
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
Im thinking of running Auto X this year. Just curious what class I would fall under.
03 Cavalier with aftermarket sound upgrades and a K&N replacement air filter. Nothing performance, interior, body work, rims or tires changed on this car though. What class would I fall under?
Subies Save Lives!

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 11:49:41 AM »
These are not gospel, please review the Solo Rules yourself to be sure (as stated, this can be updated at the time of registration/check-in) but, as per my best estimates:

Nebraska Region classes: http://nrscca.com/solo_classes.php
Solo Rules: http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44517

Im thinking of running Auto X this year. Just curious what class I would fall under.
03 Cavalier with aftermarket sound upgrades and a K&N replacement air filter. Nothing performance, interior, body work, rims or tires changed on this car though. What class would I fall under?
G Stock

wondering what class I'm in, not finding where to register for the first event on the NE SCCA website either.

1999 2.5RS

-Kumho all season tires
-stock exhaust to aftermarket muffler
-short ram intake to stock torque box
-20mm wrx rear sway bar.   

that's all my "mods" :P
Street Touring (due to intake), probably STC

I know they have changed and added some classes recently. I have a stock awd forester. Am I just in SA? Can someone clarify for me please?
H Stock
(SA is your class for RallyX)

05 Saab 9-2x Linear (with Aero hood)

- TEIN CO's
- F & R sway bars
- Headers
- mild head porting
- CAI
- RG stickers   ;)

I'm guessing either DSP, ESP, or FSP  :unsure:
Betting ESP if they treat the Aero like a WRX (which would be appropriate ;))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:18:22 PM by Aki »

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
wondering what class I'm in, not finding where to register for the first event on the NE SCCA website either.

1999 2.5RS

-Kumho all season tires
-stock exhaust to aftermarket muffler
-short ram intake to stock torque box
-20mm wrx rear sway bar.   

that's all my "mods" :P
Street Prepared (due to intake), probably FSP

I haven't been as active the last couple years, but I think a more appropriate class might be Street Touring.  STS for 2.5RS right?
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2012, 12:17:59 PM »
Quite right!  Didn't see that intake is also on ST, as the short ram is the most serious mod in terms of classes. 

So, since they updated the ST classes, you'd be in STC (Street Touring Compact) with me!

Oh yeah, now it's on!  :subaru:

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »
This should be fun. My understanding is that Alexa would be Street Modified / Road Tire Modified (RTM). Since I'm a novice, I know I'm not competing based on my car but on my very limited skillz. Is there anything I should be concerned with for passing tech?

Mods
Engine & Performance
BNR HTA68 8cm hotside in VF40 case & BNR/FP Oil Line
Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
ACT Heavy Duty pressure plate and Street Disc
OEM STi flywheel
Invidia divorced belmouth catless downpipe
RacerX FMIC
KSTech 73mm short CAI
GrimmSpeed EBCS & Perrin inlet
Perrin recirculating valve
GrimmSpeed AOS
GrimmSpeed TGV deletes
GrimmSpeed up, dp, IM, TGV gaskets
PTP Subaru turbo blanket
Aeromotive 13109 fuel pressure regulator
TurboXS fuel rails
TurboSmart boost gauge in AVO Legacy pod

Electronics & Tuning
GM 3bar MAP Sensor
Tactrix Openport 2.0
Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2
Acer AspireOne 10.1" netbook
Stage 3 e85 tank'd @ 24psi (4.8 MAFv)

Drivetrain
Subaru Extra S for transmission and rear differential
Group N pitch stop
Group N motor mounts
Group N trans mount

Wheels & Tires
Sumitomo HTR ZIII around gunmetallic Rota Gravel 18x8 wheels (1" wider than stock)

Suspension & Brakes
OEM stock spec.B Billstein inverted strut
Hawk HPS pads
Mach V stainless steel brake lines
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace for the 08-09 VDC Legacy

Exterior
Chrome on grill painted flat black
Black screen in front of FMIC

Interior
Tactrix and LC-1 USB cables run through glovebox
Netbook stored in glovebox
Nav disk version 6 update
Trunk Monkey

You did say list all of them, right?
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline MasterForce

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
just checked out the weather and its gonna be a hot one. hi is 86 and its gonna be super windy with winds at 22+ mph.  :-\ :-\
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:06 AM »
This should be fun. My understanding is that Alexa would be Street Modified / Road Tire Modified (RTM). Since I'm a novice, I know I'm not competing based on my car but on my very limited skillz. Is there anything I should be concerned with for passing tech?

Yep!  ;D

You shouldn't have any problem passing tech, Andy. 

They're just going to check a few basics: throttle return works -- won't stick wide open (not sure if you have drive by wire or not, non-issue if so), wheel bearings aren't toast, brakes work, tires aren't showing cords, car is emptied of loose objects. 

That's pretty much it.

And I think you're right with the SM.

just checked out the weather and its gonna be a hot one. hi is 86 and its gonna be super windy with winds at 22+ mph.  :-\ :-\

Better than rain!

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 12:01:48 PM »
Does the trunk monkey count as a loose object? I hear I need him to maintain proper weight distribution.
the bottom line is this, people just need to realize that when they buy cheap CO's [KW on down], they are buying cheap, poorly engineered shocks for the sake of having height adjust-ability. - whitetiger on legacygt.com

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »
Rick and I zip-tied a monkey to the rear tow hook at RallyX Nationals, but I think we got away with that since it was outside the vehicle. 

If the trunk monkey's got a belt or harness, I think you'll be fine.  He'll probably need to grab a loaner helmet though, if he doesn't have his own...

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
Actually, he's got Velcro on his hands and feet. He hands from the trunk spring bars and is Velcro-ed to the carpet, so that should be considered "attached". He is a thinkorswim monkey. They used to give them out to anyone who opened a new account (they might still, not sure). He needs a name, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
I think he should be fine ;)

Name is another matter... maybe we'll see something inspiring develop this Sunday!

Offline rallyfan555

• 2001 2.5rs sedan Black Diamond Pearl
    • MyLifeAtSpeed.com
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »
So I will compete in the same class as you aki? lol don't be afraid, im packing auto trans and nothing else. :subaru:
*2001 2.5rs sedan Black Diamond Pearl
*2001 Outback H6 LL Bean Edition
*1999 Legacy Outback Black Diamond Pearl- Sold
*2003 WRX sedan World Rally Blue-Sold
*1999 2.5rs coupe Rally Blue Pearl - Sold

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »
Yep, we should be in the same class!  I may have a few advantages in my setup, but there's never any guarantees in racing, as in most of life, haha. 

In any case, it'll be nice to have another Subie to run against (usually 2-4 drivers at most in ST, anyhow).

Best of luck to you and see you out there!

Offline rallyfan555

• MyLifeAtSpeed.com
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
See ya! I'll be coming from a 2 hour drive so the car will have had plenty of "warm up" time before the event haha.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »

Yep!  ;D

You shouldn't have any problem passing tech, Andy. 

They're just going to check a few basics: throttle return works -- won't stick wide open (not sure if you have drive by wire or not, non-issue if so), wheel bearings aren't toast, brakes work, tires aren't showing cords, car is emptied of loose objects. 

That's pretty much it.

And I think you're right with the SM.

This should go without saying...but you also have to have working seat belts/harness.  They will also check your helmet if you have one. 

When you arrive just find a parking spot and unload.  After you do that find TECH and drive over to it.  When they come over to check your car make sure you open your hood and trunk/hatch. 

Don't forget to have fun.  That's what AutoX is all about.   :discomonkey
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »
Yep!  Good points, all around^^    :discomonkey  :discomonkey  :discomonkey

Forgot to add one minor thing, but still important.  You'll want to make sure your battery tie down is secure and the battery is solidly in place.  Also that there isn't excessive corrosion/build up on the terminals.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »
Yep!  Good points, all around^^    :discomonkey  :discomonkey  :discomonkey

Forgot to add one minor thing, but still important.  You'll want to make sure your battery tie down is secure and the battery is solidly in place.  Also that there isn't excessive corrosion/build up on the terminals.

:discomonkey 

How could we forget to add this stuff earlier in the thread?   ;D

After looking at the online registration it looks like we have a good chunk of Subarus signed up.  It should be fun! 
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline julozas

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
im planning on being at this one(i got work off and i just need to make sure the car is ready to go), and if there isnt any major problems i will be there!!!
Lincoln Meet

05 sti, lots o' mods.!

Offline rallyfan555

• MyLifeAtSpeed.com
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2012, 09:06:17 PM »
where is the online registration list?! I want to see the subies! haha :subaru:

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Elite Member
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
where is the online registration list?! I want to see the subies! haha :subaru:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/E8B274AD-E2FD-A457-3506154EB4E2C0DE

Click on view current registration in the top right corner.
-16 WRX STi
-97 Impreza OBS
-69 Camaro SS project

Offline MasterForce

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2012, 06:01:06 AM »
definately going now. its gonna be a hot one tho! 91!!! anyways will there be like a place to buy drinks or do we have to bring our stuff?
-'11 SWP STi Sedan *COBB SF Intake + Box *Invidia Catless DP *Invidia Dual Ti Q300
*SLOWtuned @ 213 AWHP - 93 FT-LB @ 20 PSI

-'11 Kawasaki Lime Green ZX-6R *M4 GP Slip-on

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2012, 08:13:39 AM »
That's a good question. Will there be concessions available? Is it OK to leave and return to the site? Can one of the experienced guys post a list of what to bring?

Offline Aki

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
There are usually about 3-5 coolers with soda and water that are provided free to participants.  Not sure if they park will have any concessions, but it is cool to leave and return to the site as needed, as long as you're still attending to your worker duties.

I always try to bring a granola bar or something else simple just in case/for breakfast.  And I always have some extra water on hand, but there's really never been a need.

Bring sun lotion!!  On a day like we're supposed to have, that will be something you'll be missing by the end of it, if you're without.

Most every event there has been lunch provided free as well, given the weather you can assume grilling: hot links and brats were on the menu for the last RallyX, for example (they include chips and such usually as well).  The food has been available to non-drivers as well in the past.  Often it's just open ended, sometimes drivers will go through the line before spectators have a go.  On a few occasions there have been pay or donation based food crews that set up (family type deals/fundraisers ~$5 at most), but that's more rare than the SCCA provided ones and still great value for money when it is that way.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:09:42 AM by Aki »

Offline bspec

• Moderators
  • Elite Member
  • S3eIC
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 09:17:17 AM »
Sounds good. What about attire? Do I remember correctly that drivers need a long sleeve cotton shirt? I don't have a helmet, so I'll need to use one of the loaners (already been discussed). What about pants? Jeans or shorts OK? Shoes? Any type of closed toe? Do I need to bring my headsock for wear under the helmet?